• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

insufficient data for an image on Acrobat DC, not XI (11)

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

We have a large series of PDFs that are causing this error to pop up: "insufficient data for an image". I have the latest Reader (2017.012.20098) and I get this error. I noticed the RAM of Acrobat Reader goes past 2GB, and then the error pops up while scrolling further down the page.

The original PDF came to us from an outside company using Acrobat 11 Standard. I installed 11 on my machine to test; the error did not occur, nor the RAM usage spiked past 1.5GB.

We've also tried Acrobat DC 2015 and the issue still occurs.

Is there a setting in DC (reader or standard) that can stop the PDF from showing up in such high definition? Or stop it from "reading ahead"? I'm only guessing as to why this is happening. Why would this not occur in older software? (Acrobat 11). There are a lot of users and we cannot buy anymore 11 licenses. Thanks for any help!

Our machines have i7, 8GB memory, mix of Windows 7 and Windows 10 64-bit.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mauricec,

As per above-mentioned description, when trying to read pdf in Acrobat Reader DC, users are getting, "insufficient data for an image error, is that correct?

Would it be possible to share one of the pdf files with us to replicate the issue? I have sent you a private message, please check the inbox.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to see if I could share a file but unfortunately, its confidential data. I even asked for the company to scan anything non-confidential but they're paid per page and the department is not willing to pay. I guess we cannot move forward. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may try repairing Reader and see if that resolves the issue. Launch Reader > click repair Installation under help.

If that doesn't work, try removing Reader using cleaner tool: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs , reboot the machine, and reinstall Reader from here: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines