• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Commercial license needed or not?? (Photoshop CC)

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Hopefully this is an easy answer for someone!  My question is simple can I use a standard license that I've personally purchased for work?  They want me to produce some promo material and fliers but as its for commercial use does my license allow this as its just a home user license and not one specifically bought for a "small or medium business"??

To clarify I wouldn't be installing the software on other PC's or Mac's it would just remain on my personal PC, I'd only be giving work images I've created using Photoshop CC to send to the printers for fliers etc.

Many thanks

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

There's no such thing as a home user license in the Adobe Cloud plan offerings. That would imply personal use at home only (where I suspect your misconception about your Cloud plan license may lie). No commercial work. Adobe offers individual plans, student and teacher plans and Cloud for teams.

As DelphiZoa says, I too presume you've got an individual Cloud plan. That can definitely be used for commercial work - that's what most commercial freelancers who use Adobe products to make a living use.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

By standard license, I assume you mean you have an individual (personal) plan, is that correct? As Adobe says in their Legal Terms of Use, "You retain all rights and ownership of your content. We do not claim any ownership rights to your content." In other words, of course you can distribute what you make using Photoshop commercially. There wouldn't be much point to the software otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have a personal plan that includes LIghtroom Photoshop CC and something else its the one designed for photographers.  I know nothing of licensing so I thought it best to check before potentially making an error!

Thanks for the reply and clearing this up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Definitely better safe than in court! 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no such thing as a home user license in the Adobe Cloud plan offerings. That would imply personal use at home only (where I suspect your misconception about your Cloud plan license may lie). No commercial work. Adobe offers individual plans, student and teacher plans and Cloud for teams.

As DelphiZoa says, I too presume you've got an individual Cloud plan. That can definitely be used for commercial work - that's what most commercial freelancers who use Adobe products to make a living use. Likewise, Student and Teacher plans can be used for commercial work. In fact, all Cloud plans can be used for commercial work.

The unfortunate wording of the Cloud for Teams under the Business tab implies to some people that that plan is the only one to be used for commercial work. Nothing could be further from the truth. Cloud for Teams simply means that the licenses within the plan are centrally managed by a Team administrator. All other Cloud plans - such as your Individual plan - are tied to your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines