• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which form should I fill out? (¿Qué formulario debo completar?)

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I live in Ecuador, and I am new, and yesterday when entering Adobe Stock I found that I have to fill out a tax form but I have no idea which form I should choose and fill out.

I would also very much appreciate if you could explain to me if filling out one of these forms the US government discounts or removes a percentage of what I earn in Fotolia (Adobe Stock), I ask this because since I am new to Fotolia, they will pay me 15 % and if the government discounts me 30% I do not get any profit for me.

I count on your help, I thank you in advance.

(Vivo en Ecuador, y soy nueva, y ayer al entrar en Adobe Stock encontré que tengo que llenar un formulario de impuestos pero no tengo idea de que formulario debo escojer y llenar.

También te agradecería mucho que me explicaras si al llenar uno de estos formularios el gobierno estadounidense me descuenta o quita un porcentaje de lo que yo gano en Fotolia (Adobe Stock), pregunto esto ya que como soy nueva en Fotolia me van a pagar el 15% y si me descuenta el gobierno el 30% no obtengo ganancia alguna para mí.

Cuento con su ayuda, se los agradezco de antemano.)

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Lets make a simple calculation: Fotolia sells pictures of your creations for 1000$, you get 15% of that sum =150$ and from those 150$ the US tax administration will ask Adobe to deduct 30% ie 45$. This means that you will get effectively 105$.

If, however, your country and the US have a tax convention, you need to get from the US tax administration a tax number, allowing effectively Adobe to pay out the 150$ on your behalf. And as tax administrations are loving paper work () you need to fill out

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets make a simple calculation: Fotolia sells pictures of your creations for 1000$, you get 15% of that sum =150$ and from those 150$ the US tax administration will ask Adobe to deduct 30% ie 45$. This means that you will get effectively 105$.

If, however, your country and the US have a tax convention, you need to get from the US tax administration a tax number, allowing effectively Adobe to pay out the 150$ on your behalf. And as tax administrations are loving paper work () you need to fill out some forms:

First a form for getting that ITIN or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number to be asked directly with the IRS has to be filled out and then with that number you can ask Adobe not to withheld the taxes with the second form.

I'm waiting for my Taxpayer Identification Number currently.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Buenas tardes, disculpen, yo también soy de Ecuador y no encuentro que nuestro país tenga algún tipo de convenio con los Estados Unidos, aunque desconozco si aquella información esté actualizada, ¿qué debo hacer en ese caso? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines