Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash text showing up as white when it shouldn't be

Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Web Browser: Firefox 56.0.2

Flash Version: 27.0.0.183

I'm trying to load an .swf file but all of the text is white when it should be black. If I hit "settings" in the right click menu, the menu comes up but all of the text is either white or doesn't show up (can't tell which) and the menu buttons do nothing when clicked on. I was successful once in moving through the menu by hitting tab, but I can't do that anymore. This happens if I load the file from my computer or from the internet  it's hosted on a site and available for download). I've uninstalled and reinstalled flash and the problem still persists. The strangest thing is when I click settings, the text in the background turns the correct color, but since I can't get rid of the settings menu I have to refresh the page, rinse and repeat.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Update: I fixed my issue by uninstalling Flash, rebooting (which may have been overkill), and reinstalling the latest Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is most likely a browser issue, and how browsers are handling Flash click-to-play.  Does the content display correctly if the SWF is wrapped in an HTML document, where the browser can detect Flash content and prompt you to enable Flash?  See Why do I have to click to activate plugins? | Firefox Help for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I opened the file in the website it prompted me to enable flash (where the dialogue box pops up to the left of the url), and while I was uninstalling and reinstalling flash I tried accessing the site without it and it wouldn't open at all, it just directed me to the flash download page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue, been working on the website www.pizzaexpress.com.my and its showing white Had to remove it. what is the solution or how do I ask this question to an expert?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue at the web site KENKEN Puzzles - NYTimes.com

Text in the game is either white or invisible, except when the cursor is over a particular section.

I am running Firefox 57.0, Flash NPAPI Plug-in version 27.0.0.187, under Windows 7 SP1.

I have tried clearing the browser cache, deleting the Flash site data and settings, and deleting the cache folders (and then restarting the browser).

The game runs correctly on a second computer with the same software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I fixed my issue by uninstalling Flash, rebooting (which may have been overkill), and reinstalling the latest Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"When in doubt, reboot" is still sage advice in 2017. 

Glad this worked out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines