• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need some help for migrating workflows to new Lr CC e.g. metadata, settings sync

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I think we should expect some migration assistance from Adobe. I really love the new CC Lr (and Photoshop), but am still frustrated by the dit workflows I cannot do in Lr CC, for instance:

- metadata editing (capture time) - the procedures listed in the forum by using Classic then syncing etc are way too cumbersome. For now, I'm just missing this important functionality

- sync edit settings between photos in edit mode: less of a frustratiuon but still ... copy settings etc ... again cumbersome

Adobe can you plse help, either with a migration tutorial (maybe exists but was not made aware) or specific advice on the above issues

Ah  . and also, provide a more accessible help service through chat (or even telephone)

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

OK got it. As I mentioned, this is a new app built from the ground up; so it does not yet have all of the features of Lr Classic. Lr CC was very much the missing piece of the jigsaw – the desktop app to complete the eco system – and now it is in place and free of the legacy coding constraints, I believe Adobe will be able to add new features quite quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum where we try to help each other.

Lr CC is a 1.0 release and we can be sure Adobe will continue to add new features in the future.

The link below should be helpful on migration. You should be aware that Lr CC is not based on a catalog or folders. If folders are important it could be worthwhile making each one into a collection before starting the migration. A little advanced preparation could save a lot of time later.

Migrate photos and videos from Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the guidance. Note that I meant workflow migration assistance (sorry not making this clear right away). I would like to see Lr CC as a full replacement of my Lr Classic, but I'm struggling right now. Certainly I need to keep Classic, and its associated Catalog and file structure, unfortunately. Overall the CC release is absolutely great and I hope the currently -  for me - missing features will come into it soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK got it. As I mentioned, this is a new app built from the ground up; so it does not yet have all of the features of Lr Classic. Lr CC was very much the missing piece of the jigsaw – the desktop app to complete the eco system – and now it is in place and free of the legacy coding constraints, I believe Adobe will be able to add new features quite quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines