• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Movement Between Keyframes

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with my object changing position and 'twitching' in-between two position keyframes.

I understand this is a common issue as I get it a lot, normally I just set the keyframe interpolation to linear and that sorts it, but for some reason that isn't working this time around.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

I'm having issues with movement in-between keyframes still, but a Right Click - Keyframe Interpolation - Linear sorts it fine like it always does. I'm not sure what was different when I did this animation (The one on the feed).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you can select the first keyframe then right click and choose “toggle hold keyframe.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm,it now does't seem to move at all, and then when it reaches the end keyframe it disappears?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

learn about this issue here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rLdBTzkMa7k

if this doesn't solve your problem show us full screenshots and press UU so we can see the modified properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the first three frames, at the moment it's just meant to fall off, i'll add the rotation and everything in later, but as you can see in the second frame after the first position keyframe it jumps up. After that, it skips back down to where it should be.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your spatial interpolation by highlighting both keyframes and Ctrl+Alt+K (on Windows) - see that it's linear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was linear, I've ended up taking out all the position keyframes from that objects timeline, saving it closing it, and re-inputting them again. Now it works fine but that was a very long way around. Still not sure why the object was moving around between the keyframes even though they were all linear? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have the previous version saved we would probably be able to tell by looking at the graph editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the pen tool all the time to get rid of pingpong on straight motion paths. I use a hold keyframe all the time on curved paths. If things get really complicated I use Keyframe Interpolation and keyframe velocity (right click on the keyframe in the timeline) to make fine adjustments. There is also always the graph editor.

If nothing else works you can always split the layer at the problem keyframe then delete the keyframes on the left for the duplicate and the keyframes on the right for the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue HarryE? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with movement in-between keyframes still, but a Right Click - Keyframe Interpolation - Linear sorts it fine like it always does. I'm not sure what was different when I did this animation (The one on the feed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this problem too, which was still persisting even after Keyframe Interpolation was set to Linear. The actual problem was that one or two keyframes had become duplicated by accident when adjusting parameters, i.e. when the current time indicator wasn't lined up exactly with the keyframe being edited,  a new keyframe was created, instead of the existing one being edited. Because they were so close in position to other it wan't obvious that there were two keyframes in the same place. Once all duplicates were deleted the jittery movements stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and seems like it's not solvable though i tried everything.

Problem :  shape2 is connected to shape1.  Shape1 has two roational keyframes whoch means that shape2 ''has moved'' without keyframes. When i put two rotation keyframes on shape2, it acts like there is also a position keyframe inbetween. Meaning, it's doing a random arc although there is nothing in the timeline/graph editor nor a keyframe causing or indicating it. 
What could be the problem?
Interpolation-Linear is not fixing it, toggle hold is making it even worse!!
Could anyone be able to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue, I figured it was just a curved keyframe between both keyframes that were at the same position points. It sort of reminded me of anchor points when creating masks in AE. Got me thinking, what if they are just converted points by the system thinking that's what we want because of the bezier, so I clicked and held on the Pen Tool to click on the Convert Vertex Tool, zoomed into those points and clicked on those points within the preview panel and it got rid of the "twitching" and/or "moving" problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GOT IT!!! Took months to figure out, but I finally got it!! Was just doing video editing work for a temp gig I have, but I found the solution on accident and now strongly recommend sharing this info on every Adobe forum related to this topic! I know so many have this problem, and I'm glad to share what I found.

To be certain - the problematic effect in question is the strange movement between keyframes that create curvy or otherwise unplanned movement, and super frustrating because you try to change just one axis of motion and suddenly you have this wild movement you didn't plan for.

The solution is to highlight all affected frames, and then right-click before selecting "Spatial Interpolation" and select "Linear" - you'll have steady keyframe movements immediately.

I can imagine for some special effects work where one might choose a different S.I. for their keyframes, but for general purposes - and I'm in the afflicted population unable to find this stupidly simple solution for ages LOL - Linear will solve this problem.

P.S. - this solution is for Premiere. In After Effects, a similar solution is found on right-clicking of keyframes, but the option is listed as "Keyframe Interpolation", where you will find the same options of Linear, Bezier, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried it, but it didn't work for me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines