• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyway to salvage a path from vector mask?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2677.jpgIMG_2678.jpg

Hello, I am new to photoshop and I decided to make a vector drawing to later attempt to paint it.

so I am really unexperienced and a noob, I think I made a mistake somewhere

my vector drawing should be contained within a layer correct?, however I believe in the beginning I accidentally opened a vector mask and I proceeded to do all my work in this vector mask, I am rather proud of how the current drawing came out so I am praying I don't have to redo the whole thing, is there any way I can move this path into a layer or something to finish the drawing ? pictures above to maybe help explain the dilemma, I do not know if I am using all the correct terminology to help explain my case.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Nice artwork.  JJ has told you how to get a raster version of your artwork, so I'll add that if you need to use the forums again, use screenshots rather than photographs.  If you are using Windows then you have the Snipping tool as standard

But a lot of us use Greenshot.  This gives you the option of opening your screen grab in an editor like this so you can add highlights, arrows, text etc.

To place your image in this forum simply paste with Ctrl v (Cmd v).  It's that easy!  I am sure that Mac co

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your Photo it look like you have a vector layer mask.  Perhaps you also have created Paths in the paths palette.   You can  add empty layers and stroke these paths like line art and paint in lower layers the colors you want like a coloring book.  If all you have is line art you could use a kill white action to remove the white background. Load Paths as selections and file with a color etc.

You should also post screen captures rather than photos of you display.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice artwork.  JJ has told you how to get a raster version of your artwork, so I'll add that if you need to use the forums again, use screenshots rather than photographs.  If you are using Windows then you have the Snipping tool as standard

But a lot of us use Greenshot.  This gives you the option of opening your screen grab in an editor like this so you can add highlights, arrows, text etc.

To place your image in this forum simply paste with Ctrl v (Cmd v).  It's that easy!  I am sure that Mac computers have something similar.

Good luck, and keep making that artwork.  It's a way better way to use Photoshop than to tart up your photographs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows 10 has three screen capture shortcuts for capturing windows displays content to Windows Clipboard:

PrtScn                       All displays are captured to Windows Clipboard

Alt+PrtScn                 Active Window captured to Windows Clipboard

Shift+Windows+S     Mouse Left Click Drag  release left to select area on Displays to capture

Applications like Photoshop and Browsers  Ctrl+V  paste in clipboard.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines