Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed Handle Issues

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

If anybody has a free second to take a look at my project it would be much appreciated.

The objective of my piece is extremely simple which is why the frustration has finally set in. All I am looking to do is make my characters head tilt slightly like an inquisitive dog and for his hand to move up and down once, although the issue I am currently dealing with is that my whole background and body is also moving when I am in the record panel. I have tried restricting this movement with fixed points, although still, the issue persists.

This could be how I have my layering set out, although it could equally be something much more in-depth. I appreciate any feedback on this as anything would be more helpful than what I currently have now.

Thanks,

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide us an image of your puppet groups/layers setup. Usually the background needs to be completely separate from the puppet. Then the behaviors can be applied separately. Here is one example.

Rig_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello KJerryK,

Is there any chance I could direct message you through your profile?

Thanks,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go ahead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also happy to help, but JerryK is likely right. If your background is at the same level as your puppet and neither of them are crowned(independent layers), they will move together.

The solution, like JerryK showed in his screenshot, is to make the background an independent layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello both,

Thank you each of you for your speedy responses, I have attached the link to the ZIP folder containing all of the assets.

Just to reiterate what I am now trying to do is very simple, I have already added a drag handle to the hand which works perfectly, although all I am trying to do now is put some fixed handles on the neck to allow the head to move with my head whilst my webcam is on in order to make the head tilt more natural. I hope that explains what I am trying to do in the simplest words.

Thanks,

Alex

Harry Painting.zip - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added the face behavior to the Harry group, and now the head moves independently. The face behavior in the top group needs to be removed or just  deactivated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a quick sample

Harry_005.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your example is perfect and exactly what I was looking for, although when I am now trying to do this, I have managed to make the head move independently under your instruction although I now have the head moving around the screen. I have tried adding fixed points on both the 'Harry' and 'Head' although the head still isn't attached to the body. Apologies for these simple questions that are stumping me, am normally more on the ball although this has thrown me off track.

Cheers again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the rigging I used. Both Harry and Head are independent. I moved the Head handle down near the bottom and tagged it "Neck". Then I added a separate "Head " handle to the head.

Harry1.png

Harry_003.png

And here is the properties panel in the scene

Harry_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, and as always thank you for a speedy response!

I have tried to rig this similar to your rigging, although I am no further along, in fact, I have actually taken a step back somewhere as now the whole picture is moving once again. I appreciate your time and help, although this taking up your free time so if you can't respond again honestly do not worry, this has been a lesson in itself.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can send you copy of the the puppet fully rigged, what's called a .puppet. But first a question -- do you have only the Face (Henry) behavior enabled, and not the Face behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean Harry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A copy of the puppet file would be greatly appreciated, I am going to open up Character Animator when I get back to the office in 5 minutes and answer your question as I'm not 100% sure without looking at this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines