• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

search for 1 star rating only

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The organizer search star rating function appears to only allow searches with >= choices. How can I search for = only (or  < etc)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Sorry, I did not see your question sooner.

Click on the operator before the row of stars, and choose = instead of superior or equal. (top right of the screen)

Alternatively,

Use the menu Find >> By detail (metadata) then choose the criteria : rating - equals  - 1

You can save that search as a 'saved search' in the bottom of the dialog for ulterior use.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desperation is the mother of invention.

A solution-

Create an album with stars >= 1.  (Album 1+Stars)

Create an album with stars >= 2.  (Album 2+Stars)

Create an album from 1+Stars exclude 2+Stars  creates (Album 1onlyStars)

It was so much easier in iPhoto, but iPhoto is dead. Maybe Adobe can create a more elegant solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I did not see your question sooner.

Click on the operator before the row of stars, and choose = instead of superior or equal. (top right of the screen)

Alternatively,

Use the menu Find >> By detail (metadata) then choose the criteria : rating - equals  - 1

You can save that search as a 'saved search' in the bottom of the dialog for ulterior use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Just what I was looking for. 

Unfortunately doing Search (top right of screen) brings up the search criteria, but selecting the star category (left or right click) only shows a box of 5 stars. I'm on a Mac (10.12.6) and PSE 2018. Maybe a MAC version bug?

The alternative method worked. Not as convenient as the Search method since there are so many criteria to select from, but I can live with it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normal workflow:

Sans titre-1.jpg

Alternative workflow: useful when you want to mix several criteria

Smart search (magnifier, top right of the screen) : I agree, the option to change the operator from superior or equal is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again. The picture helped a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines