Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC 2018 text tool keyboard shortcuts problem

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

After upgrading, I have - as many - experienced quite a few bugs and weird behaviour in PhotoShop. I am running PS on a Lenovo ThinkPad with Win 10 installed.

Anyways, normally, when I'm making web banners, I work a lot with text in PS, trying to get the font sizes right. To do this, I've always just selected the text, and clicked inside the font size properites box and used arrow keys up and down to chenge font size. Now - once I press the arrow key, it jumps OUT of font size properties and "resets" to "Move Tool".

Same thing happes if I press the "Home" or "End" key to jump to the start / end of a text line, or even pressing Shift + Home/End to select lines of text.

This is seriously annoying, and slows down my work flow... I rellay hope this is something that can be easily fixed

Best regards

Frode MKL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Continuing to talk to myself

LOL. Mind if I join in?

That seems to be Windows-specific—I don't get that behavior on my Mac—and that post was from 2013 so this is an ongoing issue.

Here's an alternative workflow that I prefer—maybe it will work for you? After you type in the text, instead of picking up the mouse and clicking in the type size box and using the arrow keys (and getting frustrated) try Ctrl Shift > to increase the type size and Ctrl Sh < to decrease it. (Add Alt to increase/decrease b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to my own post

I found the solution in this post by

Re: Unable to change font size with arrow keys

This fixes both my issues with arrow keys and home / end keys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the workaround mentioned above does help - but it doesn't last.. You'll have to go through that procedure again and again, and it is still a pain in the you-know-where... Still hoping for a fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL. Mind if I join in?

That seems to be Windows-specific—I don't get that behavior on my Mac—and that post was from 2013 so this is an ongoing issue.

Here's an alternative workflow that I prefer—maybe it will work for you? After you type in the text, instead of picking up the mouse and clicking in the type size box and using the arrow keys (and getting frustrated) try Ctrl Shift > to increase the type size and Ctrl Sh < to decrease it. (Add Alt to increase/decrease by 10 pos)

Advantages are keeping your hands on the keyboard after typing (I tap Ctrl A to select what I just typed), and it works.

~Barb

P.S. To get things fixed, be sure to log them in here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family?topic-list[settings][type]=problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Barb, that is a good suggestion... except for one thing.. I'm on a norwegian layout keyboard, (english PS installed - norwegian translations are horrible ) and these characters <> are on a single shared key, with the use of Shift to access >... So all I can do with that shortcut - however excellent it may be, is to increase font size... (and the same issue goes for the use of brackets to increase / decrease brush sizes... no can do, as they are placed on the numeric keys)

So I'm still living in a world of dreams and hope of solutions to these - in the big picture - small problem

-Frode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, how about redefining those shortcuts to keys that do work for you on the Norwegian keyboard?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines