• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop audio from playing when arriving on a slide?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want audio on a slide to start automatically upon arriving at a slide the first time, but when I return to the slide after branching to a different slide, I want the audio to not auto-play. Can I do that in CP9? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

BIt more complicated than in CP2017 (have a full descriptive blog psot about the Advanced Actions dialog box for CCP2017).

Variable:ue (that is gone in CP2017):

variable.png

Advanced Action, first decision TrackVar needs a conditio that is always true:

Trackvar.png

Second Decision CheckVisit, THEN part:

CheckVisitThen.png

ELSE part:

CheckVisitElse.png

When this is created, choose the action 'Execute Advanced Actions' for the On Enter event of the slide, and choose the action you just created.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want something like in this movie?

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/FirstView/index.html

I can explain the workflow, but first tell me which type of audio you used: slide audio, object audio, or audio started with Play Audio command? Other question: do you need Closed Captioning? Third question: do you want to allow the user to play the audio the second time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I do not need every slide audio file to turn off when I return, but that is not terrible if that is the only option. When using a different software, I left the audio playing on every slide except the slide that I returned to multiple times.

In terms of which audio command I am using, I am flexible and do not have a preference as long as it can work for me.

I do not need Closed Captioning. I do not need the student to be able to turn the audio back on for the other slides, but they are accustom to hearing audio on the other slides if they return. Primarily, I’m looking for a way to turn off the audio once they return to the main slide from branching and have arrived at the main page a second, third or fourth time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you watch that movie, please? I offer two possibilities to skip the audio second time. Which one do you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I watched the linked content in your first reply. I do not know which option is better as I do not know what the two options are. Did I miss something in the movie?

I do not mind audio playing on other slides. For example step 2 has audio the first time. Step 3 has audio every time the student visits it, but step 2 does not have audio on the 2nd visit or future visits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First work flow was using the Play Audio command and triggering an advanced action On Enter for that slide. That can only be used if you don't need CC.

SkipAudio.png

The second work flow is with skipping frames, and can be used when you want to skip slide audio. It uses a shared action, that can also be used to skipping frames in another situation, like jumping over all animations as showed as well.

In both workflows the visits are tracked with a user variable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me, but I'm still the new kid. Using the Play audio, workflow #1, where do I set up the TrackVar or CheckVisit actions? I do not understand those actions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Advanced Actions dialog box. Which version do you use?J

Variable is defined in Project, Variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your patience...I am using CP9.

I found the Variables, under Projects, and I think I have set it up (though if you included a sample of what it might look like I could replicate it). I don't know what to do next. I don't know what the Advanced Action should look like. Nothing I set says "Execute Action."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BIt more complicated than in CP2017 (have a full descriptive blog psot about the Advanced Actions dialog box for CCP2017).

Variable:ue (that is gone in CP2017):

variable.png

Advanced Action, first decision TrackVar needs a conditio that is always true:

Trackvar.png

Second Decision CheckVisit, THEN part:

CheckVisitThen.png

ELSE part:

CheckVisitElse.png

When this is created, choose the action 'Execute Advanced Actions' for the On Enter event of the slide, and choose the action you just created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your patience and guidance. It worked for me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fine, I recreated the script in 9, because the original one was made in CP2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources