• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill Background / Foreground

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to the latest version of Photoshop CC and now the keyboard shortcut command for fill background and fill foreground is different.
It used to be:

fill foreground= ctrl+backspace

fill background= alt+backspace

How can I fix this? I tried looking at the keyboard shortcuts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Hi All,

This issue is resolved in Photoshop 19.0.1

If you don't see the Photoshop update in your Creative Cloud application, then click in flyout in upper right corner and choose "Check for App Updates".

Thanks for your patience.

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@randyjo:

On my setup, after the update to latest PScc, I still have the legacy controls that you mentioned above. However, and much to your point, I've noticed that the hotkeys (across the board) are displaying latency or some kind of tactile postponement of one kind or another. Perhaps this is what could be troubling you? In any case, this is an issue I want to bring to Adobe's attention and I may start another help ticket on the forum because this last update is filled with all kinds of bugs IMHO.

@Adobe:

In my case, I've noticed that using hotkeys to change blend modes are behaving very irregularly. They used to just behave consistently prior to download of latest CC. I know it can't be my keyboard because I have a brand new K70 lux keyboard from corsair, which is beyond awesome. So, please Adobe, release a patch or support for some of this code that is making this latest update a headache for power users.

Stevey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stevey,

We're sorry for the inconvenience. This is a known issue and we are looking into it.

As a workaround, Could you please hit the "backspace" key twice, Alt+backspace+backspace?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash that solved my problem alt+backspace, backspace worked.

How can I change it back to just alt + backspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Akash,

thank you for your response and effort to help. I would say this behavior of having to press the shortcuts more than once is something I am experiencing across blend modes too. I keep pressing until it works, but this really needs to be addressed as I am a professional working with this tool for over a decade and its substandard to previous versions of this software.

Thank you,

Stevey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stevey,

We're definitely aware of the situation and can understand how this can impact your workflow(really sorry about that)

I've asked the concerned team to check the issue related to blend mode.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I change it back to just alt + backspace?

That's something we're working on to implement.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt Backspace Backspace (double tap) sure enough does work....  I personally can live with that work around for the interim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe this is still happening. This is so lame. kinda pisses me off honestly. As a professional in the film industry, I hope you guys at adobe know you're screwing a bunch of us over by glossing over our needs. Alt is not working. good times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really, can't believe you guys have not fixed this for at least a whole month. I'm so disappointed. This is messing with my bottom line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install and use CC 2017 until 2018 is updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I install 2017? can you point me there by chance. I think I've had it with 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind. I found it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This issue is resolved in Photoshop 19.0.1

If you don't see the Photoshop update in your Creative Cloud application, then click in flyout in upper right corner and choose "Check for App Updates".

Thanks for your patience.

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akash!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most grateful! Thank you, Akash!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines