Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug in Photoshop CC 2018 is 100% repeatable:

1. Select some skin in a photo
  2. Right-click the layer and Convert to Smart Object
  3. Go to Filter > Blur > Surface Blur
  4. The skin DISAPPEARS! I've tried quitting and re-starting Photoshop. Plus deleting my preferences.

This doesn't happen with ANY other Blur under Filter > Blur. Screen Shots below.

surface_blur_01.pngsurface_blur_02.pngsurface_blur_03.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for reporting this issue, I tried it at my end and I am able to reproduce this issue. And it seems that the issue is specific to macOS only.

We have logged a bug for the issue, I would request you to try a workaround, go to Preferences>Performance>deselect "use graphics processor", restart Photoshop and then try to use surface blur.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards

Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Disabling the GPU does not fix the issue on my MacBook Pro. All the other Blur filters work fine with the GPU on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Already reported details in another thread or two...

Anyone have any news?

Thanks

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

Sorry this is happening, we are aware of the issue and have logged this issue as a bug, our Engineering team is working towards a fix, I will update once we have a workaround/resolution for the issue.

Regards

Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This issue should be in fixed Photoshop 19.0.1 which was just released.

If you don't see the Photoshop update in your Creative Cloud application, then click in flyout in upper right corner and choose "Check for App Updates". You may refer Available updates not listed for Adobe Creative Cloud applications

Check for App Updates

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

January 19, 2018

I want to use this "Smart Blur" filter, is the bug not fixed yet?

I have Adobe Creative Cloud and I check on update sand I am up to date but this Smart Blur filter is still greased out?

Don J J Carroll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do we get this Smart Blur "greyed out" issue solved? Is anyone at Adobe looking into this. The papers to be an issue several months old and no solution yet?

DJJC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines