• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

drag&drop pics/ not centered any more

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know what happened, but I used to drag&drop pics from the hard drive of the same size and they got automatically centered. Now with cc2018 it doesn't work any more? Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Hi All,

This issue should be resolved in Photoshop 19.0.1 which was just released.

If you don't see the Photoshop update in your Creative Cloud application, then click in flyout in upper right corner and choose "Check for App Updates".

Check for App Updates

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pedropluspedro,

Could you please let us know which operating system are you using?

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil, I'm using high Sierra and cc2018. Is that a new feature or just simply a bug on my Mac? The new picture is always placed mouse centered in the comp. It used to be centered in the comp -regardless which keys I press while doing it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I'm not able to reproduce this issue at my end, could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop as suggested above & let me know if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but didn't help. have the same issue on a MacBook Pro. all updated. lots of people out there with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure If I understand what the issue is because If you drag an image in Photoshop it always snaps to the center that's by design and a normal behavior of Photoshop. Could you please share a video of the issue you're facing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's exactly the problem- it doesn't center to the canvas any more! it places the picture where I release the mouse button.

here the same problem: Drag and Dropped files now center on mouse instead of canvas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried holding the shift key while releasing the mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

This issue should be resolved in Photoshop 19.0.1 which was just released.

If you don't see the Photoshop update in your Creative Cloud application, then click in flyout in upper right corner and choose "Check for App Updates".

Check for App Updates

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines