• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Signature is not man readable

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat XI version 11.0.22. I am no longer able to read my digital signature on newly signed documents..

image.png

My previously signed documents are fine. Is there a solution to this problem?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Troyp,

Sorry for the delayed response.

As I understand, digital signature placed on a pdf using Acrobat XI is not readable, is this correct?

Could you please share more details on the issue? Is the information on the signature( name, date, logo etc) is not readable or its not there at all?

Would it be possible if you can share how the signatures used to be in the previous documents?

You can share the screenshot with us. Steps to share the screenshot are given here: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

In the meantime, you may also tweak the digital signature appearance using the steps given in the following link and see if that works.

Custom Signature Appearances — Digital Signatures Guide for IT

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The digital signature I am creating is using a DoD certificate. Looking at the "Signature Properties" the validity is "UNKNOWN".

The Validity Summary message is:

The signer's identity is unknown because it has not been included in your list of trusted certificates and none of its parent certificates are trusted certificates.

How do I resolve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue resolved. It was a font issue. I had to uncheck the "Use Local fonts" under Preferences > Page Display

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same annoying problem.  I unchecked Use Local Fonts but all it did was remove the font completely. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mikeh,

Could you please provide more details about the issue?

How exactly you have created the digital signature?

Is this issue started recently or the issue occurs with the new digital signature created?

Also, check if it occurs when adding a signature on a particular document? Or It occurs with every PDF?

Are you using the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or the Adobe Acrobat DC to add the signature to the document?

What is the current version of the application and version installed on the machine?

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This person had the exact same issue: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2346624

The digital signature was created by a third party - Identrust and all other (10+) coworkers have set theirs up without issue.

This started the very first time I used it.

Adobe Acrobat XI Standard – version 11.0.23.

It occurs within almost every document I try it in. it doesn’t matter if it’s an outside source pdf, pdf from a word doc or a pdf from Autocad. I have tried close to 100 documents so far.

They all produce the same results with two exceptions, which makes things even more puzzling in my opinion. Identrust sent me a PDF to test my signature and within their PDF the signature works as intended. I also found one other random PDF file on our server that my signature works in. I can’t find any differences in the files that it works in compared to those it doesn’t.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have windows 10 and Reader DC 2019.021.20061

Signature.jpg

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happens to me as well, it looks exactly as the rest of screenshots on this thread. The certificate was government issued through an employer; I use the "certificates" option in Tools, then select an area and click sign. 

The digital signature is not new, I have used it successfully for years, and the fault has only started today. I have tried other files and it also happens to all, both in my local drive and on OneDrive, with files created by myself on this computer and other sources. I am using Adobe Acrobat DC, version 27.007.20099 on Windows 10 Home 21H1.

I have tried setting the preferences to default and unticking the "Use Local Fonts" box, but the first does not work and the second just removes all text from the signature. Is there any update on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines