• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (MAC) crashes when comparing documents

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to compare two PDF documents. The comparison document is created but as soon as I start to scroll down within the output Acrobat crashes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't help. I tried deleting the Adobe Acrobat plist files, but that didn't help.

The error details are here: Process: AdobeAcrobat [619] Path: /Applications/ - Pastebin.com

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elissak,

As I understand from the description above, the Acrobat Pro DC is crashing while you compare two PDF documents in Mac operating system, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates for the Acrobat Pro DC from Help>Check for updates.

Check the version of Acrobat Pro DC from Help>About Acrobat DC and check if you have the latest Acrobat, and if not, download it manually from Overview — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes  Link: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html?wcmmode=disabled

You may also try to reset the preferences and check, to reset the preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

You may also try the steps from the following link Acrobat DC Pro crashes when comparing files

Hope this helps, and keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand,

Yes, Acrobat Pro DC is crashing while I compare two PDF documents in a Mac operating system. It crashes after the comparison document is made and while I am viewing the resulting comparison report.

I am using the most current version of Acrobat Pro DC (Build: 17.12.20098.240878). In fact, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program in order to see if that would help things - it did not.

I followed the directions to reset the preferences and that did not work.

The link here Acrobat DC Pro crashes when comparing files is for a Windows machine and is thus not applicable or helpful to my situation.

Any other ideas? This is the main reason I pay for this software.

Thanks,

Elissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem (I'm running build 17.12.20098.240878 as well).

Very disappointing to not get the functionality we have been paying for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on a Mac running 10.12.6 and the latest version of Acrobat DC. The odd thing is that I did lot of "compare files" a couple of months ago, before the latest version of Acrobat DC, and everything worked fine. I'll have to see if can downgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, crashes when I start to review the comparison, it goes fine up until about 8-10 pages then crashes. Mac OS X 10.10.5 and Acrobat Pro DC Version 2017.012.20098.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here running DC on Apple OS. This needs to be fixed. Can we revert to a previous, compatible version of Acrobat? I can't find an installer. Adobe, please provide link to one if you think this might work. Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was also looking for the previous version of Acrobat DC. Unlike the other CC apps, there seems to be no option to download an older version. I have to resort to using Windows for preparing PDF comparison files now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elissak,

There is a new update of Acrobat Pro, please check for the latest updates from Help>Check for updates.

You can also install the latest updates manually through http://www.stage.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html 

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be working fine so far. No crashes viewing or printing yet. Hopefully, you nailed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnandSri,

Is this update available to the rest of us? I get an "access denied" error when I click on the link in your post.

I've wasted a day of billable time, between trying to fix the problem on the Mac OS and then getting Acrobat DC set up on Windows. An update would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ken,

Yes, the updates are available for everyone. You can download it from the application i.e. Help>Check for updates.

You can also download the updates manually through http://www.stage.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes after the latest updates.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed it and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woohoo!    Glad it's working now!  We appreciate your time and patience.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having a related problem, and have reported it here on the forum previously, but it still is not fixed. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Build 18.9.20044.251705. I just updated it today. I am running it on a MacBook Pro, Retina, 15-inch, mid-2015 with macOS High Sierra version 10.13.1. I have been having the following problem for about a month. When I try to edit a form, the app crashes. I get a long crash report that I have been dutifully sending to Apple when this happens. Nothing that I have done is saved. As I use Acrobat primarily to create and fill out forms, this makes the program effectively useless for me. I don't know if it was an Acrobat update or my upgrade to High Sierra that screwed things up, so don't know how to go back to a functional state. Any help for me?

Joe Torkildson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Joe,

The latest update has been released for both Acrobat and Reader: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html

Please try installing the update and let us know the behavior.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the latest version and it still crashes, it seems to be High Sierra only as all the others in the office seem OK if they are on earlier operating systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello joem15649008

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as you mentioned that you have installed the latest version of Acrobat, but you are still facing the issue, please uninstall and reinstall the Acrobat once, and see if it brings any difference.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already done that twice

Regards,

Joe Murray

[Personal information removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand

I have responded to this saying that i have already tried that and it is still a problem. i got no reply, can you please come back to me as this is causing enormous problems i am unable to work

Regards,

Joe Murray

[Personal info removed by Moderator: Phone number, email, address. Please don't share any personal info on Adobe forums]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Joe,

I have sent you a private message with certain troubleshooting steps, please check your email inbox.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines