• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't recognize my tablet inputs after latest Windows update?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The gist: My computer automatically installed the latest Windows 10 update, and now all my Adobe Creative Suite 6 programs won't recognize my tablet monitor. The tablet still works fine in all other programs except Adobe CS.

The details:

- I'm running Windows 10 on a home desktop PC. My tablet monitor is a Yiynova MVP20U-RH. All relevant programs and drivers are up to date.

- Adobe CS6 programs (Photoshop, Illustrator) don't accept tablet pen input from my tablet monitor. They accept mouse inputs normally, and my tablet pen works on other programs normally.

- I *think* pen mapping might be the problem--when I tap the very upper-left corner of my tablet monitor screen with my tablet pen, it sometimes clicks the Photoshop "close" button on the very upper-right of the window/screen. Otherwise, I haven't been able to interact with the Photoshop window in any way.

- I've made sure the tablet pen mapping goes to the correct monitor in my tablet settings.

What I've tried:

- Unplugging/replugging tablet

- Restarting computer

- Unplugging tablet, restarting computer, replugging tablet

- Reinstalling latest tablet driver

- Reinstalling all of Adobe CS6

- Extensive messing around with tablet settings and display settings, in Windows and Yiynova settings

- Followed the steps in Tablet support for Photoshop on Windows 8 , no effect

My guess: Somehow, the latest update has made Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite programs think that my tablet pen input exists on a nonexistent third monitor, off to the right of my actual tablet monitor? Only for Adobe Creative Suite programs, though.

Update 11/6/2017: I'm able to kind of circumvent the problem by telling Windows to duplicate my display on both my monitors (my regular monitor and my tablet), then turning off the non-tablet monitor. This obviously isn't ideal, because I need to use both my monitors to work, but I can get my tablet to work on Photoshop when I use this display setting.

Update 11/6/2017 #2: Restored Windows to an earlier version and that is working for now, but obviously can't be a long-term solution. Hopefully the Adobe team can patch this compatibility issue!!

Does anybody know how I can fix this? I'm open to any suggestions!

(Sorry if this is in the wrong topic! I wasn't sure which was most applicable.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Hi Gwenb,

Could you please try updating to Photoshop CC 19.0.1 and let us know if it helps?

Please open the creative cloud app then click on the 3 dots on the top right corner & choose "Check for updates".

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gwenb,

Could you please try updating to Photoshop CC 19.0.1 and let us know if it helps?

Please open the creative cloud app then click on the 3 dots on the top right corner & choose "Check for updates".

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines