• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I use the acceleration of the NVIDIA 1050's gpu on my notebook?

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening,

I own a laptop with the following features:

Processor: i7 7700 HQ

Intel integrated graphics card: Intel HD 630

Nvidia dedicated graphics card: GeForce GTX 1050 (4GB dedicated)

RAM memory: 16 GB

Physical memory: ssd 256 + hard disk 1 tb

During playback of anterprime and video editing (editing is the final export) no gpu nvidia is ever used, only the dedicated intel 630 video card is used that has much lower performances.

In my case in particular I have to do a multicam with 9 video files in 1080p (recorded with professional and mobile rooms), all formats are in mp4.

Obviously I have problems while playing previews during editing, the files are not played smoothly and many times the audio is not synchronized to the video (Especially when at the end of the installation I play all the piece with the 9 video tracks that start in synch , the video on the premiere application is ingenious, it fails to be played, the only way I have to see the result is to wait for the final editing "very long" to see how it came out. What's not very functional).

I would like to know what to do in order to fully exploit the power of the dedicated NVIDIA video card that has never been used, and more that I can do to work this multicam smoothly.

Thank you

PS. The video card has been upgraded with the latest official driver available, I've also selected the "NVIDIA Control Panel" setting that decides to use the NVIDIA graphics card instead of the Intel. Obviously the result does not change.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the version

"Premiere pro 2017"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the problem. Starting with CC 2015.3, switchable graphics is no longer supported. Thus, if your laptop's graphics setup uses both integrated Intel graphics and a discrete GPU with absolutely no provision whatsoever to disable the integrated Intel graphics in the EFI, then the Premiere MPE renderer will be "permanently" locked to the integrated Intel graphics (which will run in either OpenCL mode or software-only mode, depending on the graphics IGP).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what should I do to take full advantage of the Nvidia 1050 video card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Al_93cz  wrote

Physical memory: ssd 256 + hard disk 1 tb

Just to clarify:

Physical memory is RAM.

You meant Physical storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to check, open a command window and run GPUSniffer.exe and it should look something like mine with my GTX 765M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should I do exactly?

Is it necessary to use only the Nvidia graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your BIOS and disable the Intel GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately my pc can not disable a bios video card .. (I contacted the asus help center and my model does not have this feature)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although Premiere Pro CC 2015.0-2015.2 incorporated a manual selection of the GPU to be used for MPE GPU acceleration, the feature has been disabled in later versions of Premiere Pro CC because it has been proven thus far to be seriously buggy. Thus, until Adobe updates Premiere Pro CC to again enable the switchable GPU feature, you're stuck with the Intel IGP being the only GPU-acceleratable device in Premiere Pro.

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the program GPUSniffer.exe is not present in my pc, to test the use of the nvidia graphical processor I rely on the new management of the 10 winch activities (which also has graphics usage graphs) and "hwmonitor" in addition to the evaluation of temperature use me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you do not have GPUSniffer.exe then you must have a corrupt version of Premiere Pro, it is automatically installed.  Are you sure that you have checked in this location?  "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines