• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rounded Rectangle Tool Always Creates Asymmetrical corners despite being set to Radius of 10 in top bar

Participant ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a strange error pop up in Photoshop recently with the rounded corner tool after the latest update to Photoshop 2018. 

Whenever I create a new rounded corner shape the value for the corners are always 30.5, 7.17, 27.5 and 27.5.  I never intentionally made a shape with these values they just appeared one day.  The top par preferences are set to 10px, but it just ignores that value.  Changing this top value to something else and back does fix it initially.  But this strange shape always comes back.

Anyone else have this issue?

RounderCorners.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Try resetting the tool :

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the tool :

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's simple enough.  Did not know about that command.

So far so good.  I'll see if it pops up again.  For now I think I can call this the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help.

Occasionally things can get out of line and if so a tool reset , or a full preference reset often restores order .

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

I have a similar problem to this one. I have already reset the tool. Getting the same problem. 

If Lock is selected in the properties panel, I can change the radius down to 0px-30px. But if I input anything above 30px, the radius reverts back to 30px. I.e. it maxes out at 30px.

This is strange because when the lock is not applied I can make the radius on individual sides go far beyond 50px in rounding/radius. So I don't know why I cannot exceed 30px when lock is selected.

And when I made changes to the radius in the shape tool menu, (as seen in the below image it is 50px) no changes are made to the shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does anyone know a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines