• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why would Corp IT disable Protected View?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to download a PDF from the internet, I get an error that I need to enable Protected View to open the PDF.  I tried enabling by going to edit->preferences-> security (enhanced), but it seems my corporate IT admins have disabled Protected View.  So, I'm unable to open the document.

Protected view sounds like it provides additional security, so why would the IT policy prevent it from being enabled?  Are there still vulnerabilities that can get out of the protected view "sandbox"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is definitely something you need to take up with your IT department. Maybe it isn't compatible with someone's workflow or is causing trouble for them somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a little information on some of the issues that they could be avoiding by disabling Protected View:

Understand and troubleshoot the Protected View in Adobe Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Davidc1976,

IT enables Protected View for security reasons. But protected view is meant to work for only read only view and some features are not supported in protected view.

Please get in touch with your IT if you want protected view to be enabled.

Also, let me know the following:

1. Is there anything you are not able to do with protected view enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines