• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I remove the Location column from the search results in a .chm file?

Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I remove the Location column from the search results in a .chm file?

I generated the file in Robohelp HTML 9.

As far as I know it's used when you've combined more than one source into the final help file. It is possible (though I don't remember doing it) that I did that once a couple of years ago but now I'm only using one source - the project that's generating the .chm.

Can anyone tell me how I can remove it?

Thanks

Tom

Location column.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Project Setup look at the Window properties. I think you will find Advanced Search is ticked.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. That sorted it. I think they could definitely do with mentioning that functionality in the documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works. Where are the contents in the Location column pulled from? A writer is generating version 8.2 of the program, but it shows the location of version 7.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it might be the title of the destination chm file. For a merge, this is taken directly from the chm, so if you have an old chm installed then you'll see that chm title, not the new number you're expecting.

If you aren't using a merge, then I think you need to update the project title (in File > Project Settings in RH11).

Disclaimer: I haven't done this in years, so dredging the bottom of my memory for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp