• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are Kyle Webster impasto brushes now free with Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the impasto brushes from Kyle Webster available for free with creative cloud?  I don't see the ability to download them anywhere.  I see all the other brushes but not the impasto.  I was going to purchase them from him but didn't do it before all his brushes became part of creative cloud.  I would really like to have those brushes.  Thx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this a photoshop or illustrator question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...sorry I didn't clarify...I use Photoshop....thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

np and [moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Photoshop General Discussion] to get more informed responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to his website, the answer is - YUP!

https://www.kylebrush.com/

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for the reply. I see that they say his brushes are now free to download for creative cloud users but the impasto brushes are not included with the other brushes. When you go to "get more brushes" the impasto brushes are not there but there are many of his other brushes. I am specifically trying to download the impasto brushes. Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to know this too - where exactly are the impasto brushes (or have they been re-named?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question.

I downloaded the Kyle brush sets from Adobe.

They are all .abr files (brushes). Previously, if you bought from Kylebrush there were .tlp files (toolset) and Kyle explained in his videos that .tlp were superior to .abr. So have they lost functionality? It appears so, at least til now.

Often, it was the toolset that made many of the brushes so cool. Oil and Impasto, for instance. The oil brushes are a bit lame without the impasto tool. Impasto was a .tlp file.

All Kyle's videos have also been removed from youtube. They were very useful for understanding how to use and organise his brushes and tools together with some great tips and tricks. I hope they'll emerge again soon under the Adobe brand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your explanation. It is much appreciated! I am a new learner and didn't know about the .tlp functionality to make the impasto work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go... Captura de pantalla 2018-01-03 a las 2.01.19 p.m..png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone with a Lynda.com subscription, John Derry has some interesting titles on the subject.  It's a while since I watched them, but I think this covers using tool presets with brushes.  Of course this has all changed with CC2018, and is much easier now,

Photoshop Customizing Brushes

Check out his Wacom titles as well.  I tried searching Lynda.com with Impasto, and there was nothing specific.  I guess, like Kyle, John sells Impasto brush sets, and doesn't want to give away the secrets.

Ahhh...  I lied.  I have just found this

Working with Impasto

I'm on a roll now

Adding surface texture effects

The above are all Lynda.com titles, but you could get through them inside the trial period. Or you could subscribe.  There are an incredible number of outstanding courses on Lynda.

This is John's page about his impasto brushes.  $20 soesn't sound like a lot of money for something like this.

The PixlBlog: John's Impasto! for Photoshop Released

Going off at a tangent here (Hey, it's the internet. Tangents are obligatory ) you could have knocked me down with a feather when I discovered this week that Deviant Art — one of the best sources of brushes etc. for Photoshop — appears on a list of the top 40 earning websites.  This is not by category, but all inclusive, all websites regardless.  Admittedly they are #38, but that still gives them an annual revenue of $10 million!  Who'd have thought it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I purchased the brushes directly from Kyle's website before Adobe bought them. Now, I've lost the impasto brush capability. It's very disappointing. Anyone have any recommendations for great impasto brushes for Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines