• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"package" an AEP file and go...

Enthusiast ,
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indesigner has that package function where it packages everything into a neat file for you to transport.  i want to take my AEP file home with me to work on it.  does AE (CS4) have a package function?

thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

For AE CC it's File>Dependencies>Collect Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yar, it's called gather, or something like that. Ah, here it is, "Collect files."

bogiesan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks to you both.  One more question - I just want to gather only source files and the AE file.  I can always render the comp on the other computer.  My point being, I'm not interested in taking the huge rendered files.

If that is the case, which Gather option would you suggest I select when Gathering Files?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the link I gave? None of the options have anything to do with rendered files. So...any of the options would copy it without carrying along rendered files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did read it - thanks.  I was just confused and wanted to make sure that nothing "large" would copy over.

Thanks to all for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects will collect any assets used in your project unless it is told not to do so. So, if you have a 4 gigabyte source movie in your project, it will collect that source file as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok that's what i was trying to figure out.  which option should i choose when gathering to NOT collect it?  as i said, i'm trying to keep everything small in size so i can easily move it to USB drive, take it home, open it up, and then re-render the large source files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With most esoteric questions about After Effects, the easiest thing to do is try it: push the button. Pull the switch. Cut the beam. Make it march.

If the results aren't what you expected, do something differently.

bogiesan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bogiesan wrote:

With most esoteric questions about After Effects, the easiest thing to do is try it: push the button. Pull the switch. Cut the beam. Make it march.

If the results aren't what you expected, do something differently.

bogiesan

What a funny reply!  Because I have a pretty good sense of humor (you have to when you're shat upon your entire life just because you can't hear) I agree with you about taking the leap to see what happens.  And that's what I'll do 🙂

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a fundamental difference between a source file and a rendered file. A source file is something that you import into your project to use in your timeline. A rendered file is one you generate from a timeline. Are you comfortable with understanding that difference? A source file can be a rendered file if it's imported back into the project to be used as a source file in a timeline.

The bottom line is that if you use a file in your project, you need to collect it with the project or else the file will be missing when you open the project in a different location. If you're uncertain as to whether or not all of the files you imported into your project are being used by your project, you can reduce your project prior to collecting it. This will eliminate the files not used by any given selected compositions and possibly reduce the collected size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For AE CC it's File>Dependencies>Collect Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should sit at the top, thanks mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines