Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have a TOC, but not at first

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2008 Oct 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Everyone,

I would like to publish a project that has a TOC available, but I want the TOC to NOT show at first. In other words, I want the user's default view to be TOC-less and then I want the user to have the Option to display the TOC.

Is this possible?

I am using RH6 and generating FlashHelp.

Thanks very much,
Joe Johnson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generate as usual making sure the Show Navigation Pane option is selected.

In the output, instead of opening the start page, open the default or any other topic. It will open as required and there will be a link top left that reads Show.

You can change that in the Advanced options LNG tab.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe

In addition to what my esteemed colleague offered, you may wish to visit my site at the link below and grab a copy of The Skinny on Skins file. I believe I documented a slightly different way to do this. (Just in case you want the toolbar to be present initially)

Click here to visit my site

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2008 Dec 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am also trying to hide the TOC initially, but without missing out on seeing the Toolbar present. I used Rick's script, which works great for me. I am having different results though for different users. I must be doing something wrong. I am getting complaints from users that see the TOC opening, closing, and then opening again, even though it happens very quickly. Others see the TOC open and then close. Is there a way to not open the TOC at all? Can we edit the whtbar.js file to accomplish this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp