• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom HDR Batch Processing

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2016 Jun 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we as a community get together and request Adobe to roll out an HDR batch processing feature?

The HDR feature is nice, but I'm starting to do HDR timelapses and it's just not possible to click that button a couple hundred times and wait for it to process each time.  I know there is Photomatix but why pay $100 for another program when we already pay for a premium Adobe product? The entire HDR processing has been developed by Adobe, how much harder would it be to add a batch processing feature to it?

If this post gets enough support, maybe Adobe will realize it's something worth adding.

Thanks guys!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add your vote and details about why you'd like batch processing to this popular topic in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Ability to batch process Photo Merge (HDR and panorama) | Photoshop Family Customer Commu...  Adobe product developers actively participate in that forum, but are rarely seen in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I vote for HDR processing!

The Lightroom HDR feature is used daily in my workflow. Despite the fact that I have  streamlined this process by merging collapsed stacks with the push of one button on my Wacom Tablet, there are 2 annoying occurrences that pop up frequently. One is where the HDR popup window opens and the other is an internal error message. Because I have 30 to 100 stacks to process plus the time it takes for each stack to merge,  it can be very time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a partial workaround to speed up your workflow, put each set of photos to be merged into a stack, and collapse the stack. Select the top photo of the stack and do Shift + Ctrl + H to start the merge with the previous settings. You can then start additional merges the same way, running at the same time. (Normally, when you apply a LR command to the top photo of a collapsed stack, it applies to just the top photo. But Photo > Photo Merge is an exception.)

This isn't as useful as what many are asking for, but it has helped many to speed their work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2016 Jun 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help! Not happy at all with how Photomatix handles HDR processing compared to LR so this will definitely speed up my workflow doing it the hard way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NIIIIICE!    You're a life saver.

Just noticed when you right click for options on a stack - and hold down SHIFT I believe it is, you'll see the toggle options for that shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SHIFT + CONTROL + H - Time and Lifesaver! Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this becoming similar "QUED" as we see in premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're referring to the Queue feature via adobe media encoder - that is kind of what Shift Control H is doing though in the same app ofcourse. I processed about 20 x 7 frame HDRs yesterday after learning this shortcut here. LR did slow to a crawl but it worked!

Simultaneous merge commands would almost cripple any system I would imagine as LR is trying to use all available resources.

I was was on a custo mac with 8 cores OC + 128gb RAM + Nvidia 980ti with 4gb VRAM all SSDs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW X20 processes?  I can do about x5 at a time before the shortcut  key lags and starts to open the HDR popup window instead of adding to the batch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to see this. Right now I'm using LR/Enfuse simply because I can create stacks, and then fire off the enfuse process on 400+ images.... then come back an hour later and edit the "enfused" images. I'd rather this was all in LR and not have to use  an external editor. Right now it is too time consuming to start the Merge to HDR process on 50+ stacks of images. I would love LR to be able to automatically process every selected stack, apply "auto toning", and then give me the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you vote for this feature, as explained above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that same feature available in Photomatix?  I use Enfuse at work, and the batch processing of stacks is super easy and effective. I cannot figure out how to do the same in Photomatix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before Lightroom added HDR support, I used LR/Enfuse. That would allow me to select a set of stacks and have the plug-in merge each stack, putting the merged image at the top of the stack.

I would be greatly helped Lightroom would support that. I'm not looking for fancy features to find the stacks (autostack by capture time works quite well for that), but just some small things:

* Allow selecting a set of stacks and then merge stack-by-stack

* Automatically put the merged image at the top of the stack

* Manage the resource consumption and do as much in parallel as possible (but not more)

Then I could start the merge batch, go for lunch and finish the selection and editing when I return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines