• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2018 hangs / crashes after startup???

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! I have uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign CC 2018 and I still get the same result. I have also updated other Adobe programs e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc. I don't have any problems with any of the other programs. Only InDesign - I can not access master pages, or the toolbar, or edit anything in documents, it is just not responding. I have to force quit. Please advise???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention, when I do startup InDesign CC 2018, CPU runs between 90 -100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill, thank you for your response. When I uninstalled I removed all preferences. I will also delete my InDesign caches folder to see if that works. Will keep you updated. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill, I uninstalled InDesign again with its preferences. I then checked and deleted both folders for
C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language> and
C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\Version [#]\<Language>\Cache
I then installed InDesign again. It was working fine for about 10 minutes, I was busy editing copy and it just stopped working, now it is back to not responding, with CPU for InDesign running at 60-70%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point it might be best for you to contact Adobe technical support. They would be more equipped with systemic recommendations than the user forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please can you try this as well : Crash fixes for October 2017 (13.0) release of InDesign CC

Do you have any variable fonts installed on your system?

Did you submit the crash report? I am assuming that your InDesign crashed and not hang.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for the advice and support, I did contact Adobe Technical Support, the problem seemed to be caused by 3rd party fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it got figured out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines