• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging DRM authorizations?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent 45 minute waiting on the online chat and was then directed here for a solution, so I hope someone can help me.

Way back when I had purchased a bunch of DRm'd books and signed up with Adobe to authorize them on my old Sony ereader.

In late 2015 I downloaded some books from a library in Victoria which inadvertently used a different ID (CloudLibrary and what appears to be my old library card number) and these were authorized using Adobe Digital Editions. Right afterwards I abandoned Sony's reader software for ADE and all subsequent book purchases have been authorized using that CloudLibrary account.

Today I downloaded ADE for my iphone and bought a book using my current Adobe account (the one I use with the CC suite) and subsequently discovered the whole mess.

I would like to get them all back on one of my Adobe ID accounts so I can read them. I have no idea what the password for my CloudLibrary account — I tried logging in on another computer and can't seem to figure it out— so I dare not deauthorise ADE on my computer which means I can't read the old books at all. What I would like is for someone to merge all three (or at least the two main ones) into one authorized account so I can access all my purchases on one device.

Possible? Anyone able to help me?

Thanks

Bruce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

So it turns out the retailer (Kobo) can reset the authorizations. After a lot of back and forth and a submitted list of titles, they helpfully reset them and I was able to redownload the acsm files and fulfill them under my main Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, now I've tried chat, this forum and a circular round of phone support. No joy. Someone must be able to deal with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Customer Care on Twitter  (@AdoebCare) did respond to me with me this answer:

Please follow the instructions below to De-authorize ADE : Go-> Go to folder. Go to folder dialog will appear. Type ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions. Drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

So that would allow me to deauthorize the CloudLibrary account. But what happens to all those books? Are they lost to me now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok well the original library helpfully contacted CloudLibrary for me but all they could do was tell me how to get rid of their authorizations. They suggested I contact Adobe (uh huh) or maybe the retailer (Kobo) who might be able to reset the authorizations.

Anyone know if this is correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So it turns out the retailer (Kobo) can reset the authorizations. After a lot of back and forth and a submitted list of titles, they helpfully reset them and I was able to redownload the acsm files and fulfill them under my main Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines