• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open files in the same window in Acrobat Standard DC?

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried going to edit>preferences>documents>open settings but there were not options allowing me to open them in the same window. Please help

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Go to preferences (Edit>Preferences - on Windows), or faster is control-K (cmd-K on Mac).  Select the General category on the left, and look for the setting labelled 'Open documents as new tabs in the same window', and CHECK this.  You will need to restart Acrobat for this to take effect.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to preferences (Edit>Preferences - on Windows), or faster is control-K (cmd-K on Mac).  Select the General category on the left, and look for the setting labelled 'Open documents as new tabs in the same window', and CHECK this.  You will need to restart Acrobat for this to take effect.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incorrect. Adobe Acrobat Standard DC has no such check box. It's unbelievable that tabbed browsing is not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow - unbelievable.  Thanks for the correction.  How does just this one version miss a great (and needed) feature like this?

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines