• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My InDesign CS6 keeps abruptly crashing on my Mac, can anyone help me?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently running El Capitan (10.11.6) on my Mac along with Creative Suite 6. Last month I constantly had the issue of my InDesign saying "out of memory" during my projects which resulted in me closing it. This doesn't happen as often anymore. Lately, I'm having issues with it crashing abruptly without an error code or message. I would say this has happened 17 times today over the course of 5 hours today especially.

If it helps my Mac specs are:

32 gb memory - 4 GHz processor - (Graphics) AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

CS6 is unsupported under El Capitan and Sierra and will receive no updates to fix any incompatibilities. While someone may come along with something to help, be aware that there are countless threads here from people that were unable to get this combination to work in a satisfactory manner.

The only advice I have is to roll back to your earlier operating system or move to Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is unsupported under El Capitan and Sierra and will receive no updates to fix any incompatibilities. While someone may come along with something to help, be aware that there are countless threads here from people that were unable to get this combination to work in a satisfactory manner.

The only advice I have is to roll back to your earlier operating system or move to Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry people, but maybe the Bobby Levine answers are what i can think of myself too?

Like: "The only advice I have is to roll back to your earlier operating system or move to Creative Cloud."

For as far as i am concerned these sort of 'Correct answers' (sic) are not really what i am looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what kind of correct answer would you like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob, i seek for a solution to this unfortunate position. Like sometimes people use gaffer tape to fix a hole:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer doesn’t change. You’re on your own with any Mac OS beyond 10.10. Maybe someone else will come along and help and then Apple will issue an O/S update and kill it again.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines