• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Custom Settings: Express Keys, On-Screen Controls, Touch Ring NOT working after PS 2018 update

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having updated to Photoshop CC 2018, my wacom is not able to utilize custom settings found on Express Keys, On-Screen Controls, and Touch Ring.  The only controls that work are the default wacom controls found on each.  Changing any of the custom settings does not work and continues to the default setting regardless of what custom setting I have established.

Seems others are having similar issues:

Photoshop CC 2018: After installing the update, my wacom cintiq stopped working properly | Photoshop...

I HAVE tried uninstalling completely my wacom driver and re-installing again to no avail.  As others have said, the recent update to PS 2018 is where the problem seems to be.  The new Lightroom Classic works fine with custom wacom settings.  PS 2017 worked perfectly fine with wacom custom settings. 

Has anyone found a fix? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, plus a few other bits of odd behaviour. The liquefy sometimes doesn't work, cancelling if you try to zoom in.

Really, really annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My touch ring no longer works as expected....   I cannot use it to rotate canvas or cycle layers....  still works for brush resize.   I notice when i swipe on the wheel with one of the non-working functions.... the little "alt" menu lines flicker.... like the tablet is outputting "alt" multiple times...  this problem is present on both my intuos 4 and 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was on tech calls with Adobe and Wacom today.  Adobe acknowledged that there is something up and that an update is being worked on.  I'm not sure what that really means but I was impressed that there was acknowledgement.  Wacom wasn't much help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem more times on multiple PCs. The Problem is in the driver not in Photoshop itself, you should try another driver not the driver that came with the tablet and it depends on you wacom version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue I'm having is on a Mac not a PC.  The driver the very most up-to-date driver offered on Wacom's site.  I wish your message was more helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean mac, I have macbook. try to use another driver depends on your version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the correct driver for both mac and windows:

Drivers | Wacom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop cc 2018 had an available update today (well, i noticed it today)  that seems to have corrected my problems....  I am on windows 10... not sure if there is an update for you mac guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the recent update to Photoshop 2018 did not change anything related to the wacom settings.  It is apparently a know issue per the tech at Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, all my issues disappeared and I didn't do anything else....  so I'll take it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no fix or updates...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem... my express key functions are pretty useless on my wacom mobilepro studio and Wacom 22hd touch. I depend on these to work properly for my workflow. I hope they are working on a fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IM on the 2021 Ps version and same problems

Mac OS Sonoma, 64 GB RAM 27" 2019 iMac 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines