• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Long Render times for Previews in Premiere Pro CC (2018)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the midst of taking old videos and cleaning them up for TV Broadcast, and I use the dynamic link to create new AE comps to remove grain and key the footage, then edit the actual footage in Premiere Pro. Naturally this leads to a red timeline and skipped frames. The problem comes when I render the previews ( about 10 min sections at a time) it can take upward of 6 hours to render those 10 min sections. Is this about standard when dealing with AE and those particular effects?

My System info is..

OS Windows 10

Asus Prime X299-Deluxe Motherboard

i9-7900x CPU

64GB Ram

1 TB M.2 drive for OS

GTX 1080 Ti 12GB

I am thinking its the Graphics card since it isn't listed as supported for Adobe's GPU-Acceleration. Thinking about possibly going to new GTX Titan X and doing SLI.

[Moderator note: moved to appropriate forum.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That supported list is old stuff. Your 1080 is a great card for PrPro.

Your drive setup is far from optimal though. Bill Gehrke now recommends a decent fast SSD for system/programs/cache and using a fast m.2 for the project files and media, relegating spinning drives to archive work.

This will outperform even a spinning striped RAID  array in testing.

You might go to the Hardware forum, linked on the Overview page of this forum, and ask there. And perhaps go to PPBM8 web page of Bill's and try his benchmark test to see what's taking so long. Getting hard data is good.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The M.2 drive is only for the OS and Application base software. I have two NAS configurations though they are both HDD based. One 8 TB (Project files) and the other 12TB (Archived masters) both connected to my workstation via 10Gb/s channels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill would say you're wasting the m.2 on the wrong task.

Bill Gehrke  .... ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably. Just found out a second M.2 drive was hiding in my motherboard (little rascal). Unfortunately, there isn't enough space available for all of the ongoing projects I am working on. Would it speed up the process to save current working project to 2nd M.2 and when taking break/ done move the files back to NAS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kennys1760325  wrote

Probably. Just found out a second M.2 drive was hiding in my motherboard (little rascal). Unfortunately, there isn't enough space available for all of the ongoing projects I am working on. Would it speed up the process to save current working project to 2nd M.2 and when taking break/ done move the files back to NAS?

Absolutely yes!

Run a quick test of those M.2 SSD's to see it they are SATA III or PCIe Gen 3 x4 speeds, I use CrystalDiskMark, here are first class results from my 960 Pro 1TB

I would really like you to test your system with my hardware intensive Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) so we can best help you get that great computer tuned up properly.  I have one other i9-7900X set of PPBM test results that are great so we can really provide data to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines