Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting more from using Adobe Stock

Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick question.

I recently sold a few vector graphics on Adobe Stock and noticed that I receive less than 1 dollar per download.  That is quite a low price for a vector graphic.... I know I will not earn much off a single graphic... but did I post it wrong or why is the percentage so low?  When I sell my work on RedBubble and Society6 I make much more.... so I am just curious.  As a vector graphic that can be reused over and over and over again while only receiving less than a dollar is kind of pointless.

I had thought about selling fully made vector puppets for Adobe Character Animator, but if I am only going to earn under a 1 dollar for each one, then I probably would choose to sell them elsewhere.  Thoughts?

Kenn.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Hi Kenneth,

It is 33% of the royalties that we provide to the contributors.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get a percentage (I think 30%) of what Adobe gets for the art work. Either you need to do a lot of sales or you need to put very little effort in the artwork.

ie photos can also be used over and over again.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenneth,

It is 33% of the royalties that we provide to the contributors.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to make them have a license for the work?

Maybe a different pricing system should be implemented for Vector Graphics or Graphics on Adobe Stock.  For example, if I were to create a puppet that is ready to be rigged for Character Animator and it only earns less than a dollar... then it makes no sense for me to sell that type of work on Adobe Stock.  As a lot of work goes into designing the character and naming the layers.....

Makes sense right.  I would make several vector characters that could be downloaded for Adobe Character Animator if I were getting a decent payment for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For sure, there is a different amount of work, you need to put into creating a vector graphic compared to a photo. But photos eventually ask for models, make-up, clothing, travel... Where is the right pay for any of those?

May be you should try to get someone paying for your graphics work and keeping the right to put them on-line after a while...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Abambo,

I completely agree..... I have done several photo shoots with models...  I worked in film, television and commercials for 13 years in New York City.

Maybe for each image or graphic uploaded there could be a questionnaire to fill out that would automatically generate a price/compensation per download.

So if you have a photo....

The form asks the type of photo.

Was a model used.

Was a make-up artist used.

(just as example)

For graphics...

How was this image created.

What is it intent (then one could say as commercial graphic, editorial, template, puppet for Character Animator)

How much time was used to create the image.

(again just examples)

Then an algorithm could place a price on the image that would compensate the creator for example in a fair manner.  And if people abuse the pricing formula... then they would simply be banned from selling or the image would be removed.

Like I said I was just wondering about this....  I know no pricing structure will make everyone happy.  But if an image has a certain type of license then surely it should be worth more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines