• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to lose custom.

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to say that if adobe are to continue down the line of this cloud based lightroom CC which is not a patch on the desktop (classic) version and they eventually force the cloud as the only option then they will be losing our custom.

It is quite simply horrible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you aware that there are currently two separate Lightrooms with different workflows:

1. Lightroom CC, and
  2. Lightroom Classic CC (the desktop version which you're used to)

Differences are discussed here:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Bear in mind also that the new Cloud-only Lightroom CC is a version 1.0 product. There are a mountain of improvements to come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Yes, I am aware and will continue to use classic, I installed the CC version just to see what all the fuss was about and found it not to my liking.

I accept this is only version 1, but version 1 should have been in the very least equal to what we already had, the number of No’s on that link you gave me far outweigh the YES block and much of it is the important stuff, meta data and copywrite just to mention 2.

However, as you say improvement is to come, my primary concern is that Adobe will go the way of MS Office and force the CC on its customers without choice.

GMC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I accept this is only version 1, but version 1 should have been in the very least equal to what we already had, the number of No’s on that link you gave me far outweigh the YES block and much of it is the important stuff, meta data and copywrite just to mention 2.

Agreed.

I've personally decided to avoid complaining about the lack of features in the new CC. What's missing is well documented and Adobe is keenly aware of them.

I prefer Classic CC at the moment too but I'm expecting both Lightrooms to look very different in 12 months to how they look now.

Adobe seems to be hedging its bets for the time being and gently allowing the market to transition to full Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines