Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator and Photoshop cc 2018 space bar shortcut for hand tool not working

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset the preference

did control/alt/cmd and shift keys while i opened illustrator and it still doesn't work.

Does anyone have a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Not really a fix, but I was having the same problem after I updated (I'm on a Mac). Resetting prefs didn't work. Mine started working again when I quit Safari and Chrome whilst Illustrator was open. Which makes me think it's related browsers using the space bar for page down – which other people have mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences by renaming the preference files:

illustrator:  http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

photoshop:  https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but it still doesn't work.

It was working until I updated to CC 2018 now it doesn't work version 22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on mac or windows? Some forum discussions mention windows mouse and touchpad settings causing the spacebar shortcut to stop working,

Spacebar shortcut is not working.

Hand tool (spacebar) isn't working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since last updated the software the space bar shortcut doesn't work in Ai, Ps and Id but in Xd it works. I have MacOs High Sierra. I haven't found any suggestion that would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works now. I think they fixed it in the update or could have been that I updated my OS X. I'm on Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really a fix, but I was having the same problem after I updated (I'm on a Mac). Resetting prefs didn't work. Mine started working again when I quit Safari and Chrome whilst Illustrator was open. Which makes me think it's related browsers using the space bar for page down – which other people have mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I have been reading pages of related problems, and nothing I tried worked. Your "not a fix" fix worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this advice! Been having this bug for years, here I am, in 2020, and still not patched by Adobe. I thought a subscription model was supposed to speed up patches like these but guess not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone searching for a fix for this bug on Mac os High Sierra 10.13.4.

Usually this starts when you open Safari first than Illustrator, in the moment it stop working, just fully close your safari browser (cmd+Q) and the space bar in illustrator will start working again. If you open safari again it shouldn't be bugging any more.

It would be nice os Adobe check up on this little bug... It’s kinda annoying.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. I had the same problem and closing Safari fixed it. I'm surprised that Adobe hasn't fixed it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! Its working now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this started happening to me as well. Quitting Safari doesn't help.

I un-checked all the spotlight shortcuts in preferences, still nothing

Was working fine until I updated to the latest photoshop

Working on Mac: High Sierra

Photoshop CC 2019 v 20.0.2

The shortcuts really went downhill since the last update. Things like the cropping tool no longer activates as well...

Really need a fix for this, Photoshop is pretty much unusable if you can't zoom and pan around...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem on Windows and I hold down space bar and Alt and the pan works normally

try the option button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an AdBlocker, try disabling it to see if that fixes it.

This issue was just reported by ACP Stephanie Gans on the bug report forum. Add your comments here for Adobe staff:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/please-make-adobe-app-shortcuts-work-with-sec...

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Based on other recommendations, quitting Safari on the Mac solved my prob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines