• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PPCC2017 moving away from AMD gear advice??

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm after some advice with regards to upgrading my hardware to operate better with the latest Premiere Pro CC. A few years ago I bought a customised machine with CPU and GPU from AMD. This ran perfectly until about cc2015 and it has been very cumbersome ever since. I have turned to a less powerful laptop with intel processor to handle jobs but its time to bring my desktop up to speed for 4k projects (with proxies).

My main question is: If I replace the CPU will that have the biggest impact on speed and compatibility or is it crucial to have a GPU with CUDA as well? What should I look for when replacing my processor?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Adam

Current Gear:

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition 8-Core Socket AM3+ CPU Processor     

2 x Sapphire AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB Overclocked Video Card

ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard

G.SKILL RipjawsX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Desktop Memory F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL                       

Creative Sound Blaster Zx Ultra Performance PCIe Sound Card

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" SATA3 SSD

2 x Seagate ST2000DM001 2TB Barracuda Desktop HDD 3.5” 7200RPM SATA3 Hard Drive                                         

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

I hate to have to tell you this, but the problem is that to improve your performance you really have to start over because the new AMD CPU's that are really performing well are not compatible with that motherboard.  To stay AMD your motherboard is a socket AM3+ and the new Ryzen/Threadripper need AM4/TR4 sockets.  Also you memory is DDR3 and the newer boards are DD4.  Most forum users do not use a separate sound board they just use the onboard sound system. One inexpensive new GTX 1060 6GB GPU w

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to have to tell you this, but the problem is that to improve your performance you really have to start over because the new AMD CPU's that are really performing well are not compatible with that motherboard.  To stay AMD your motherboard is a socket AM3+ and the new Ryzen/Threadripper need AM4/TR4 sockets.  Also you memory is DDR3 and the newer boards are DD4.  Most forum users do not use a separate sound board they just use the onboard sound system. One inexpensive new GTX 1060 6GB GPU will put those two AMD Radeons

Take a look at my Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) tested CPU's and way down at the bottom you will fine a test on your FX-8350

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I put my money on the wrong horse!

Thanks for being the one to tell me Bill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines