• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why will the transform property not come up in the animation timeline when I convert the layer to a smart object?

Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you click on the stopwatch icon to set a key frame to start the animation? I do not see any key frames indicators in your timeline. It would also help if you captured all of Photoshop UI so we could see things like you late palette and your layer structure.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried adding key frames. When I do move the object, the result is a complete move from the beginning of the animation. It does not move it only between the key frames.

Ultimately what I am trying to accomplish is having the red pointer rotate around the center logo. I would prefer not to have to do it in Frame animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not answer my question did you click on any of the stopwatch icons to set the first key frame? I do not set any key frames indicated in your screen captures

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did select the stopwatch. I added a key frame, moved the time scrubber forward then rotated my object. I placed an end key frame. When I do move the object, the result is a complete move from the beginning of the animation. It does not move it only between the key frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The is the first time you showed the key frames were created. Is the rotation the same at both key frames? Did you do a full 360 rotate? There may be a problem doing a 360 rotate.  If you tried  a 360 rotate try doing a 90degree rotate instead. See if that animates.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing a 90° rotate as a test. It does not rotate within the key frames of the animation(1st key frame the red object is at the left bottom position, 2nd key frame the red object has been rotated).  When I scrub through the timeline the red object has just been moved to its new position for the whole animation 0.00f- 6.00f(no rotational movement).

I guess the ultimate question is can "transform Rotation" be manipulated in Timeline animation in Photoshop CS5? If so can you point me to any examples. I have watched videos of this being done in CC/CS6 by converting to a smart object. This turns the Position stopwatch into a Transform stopwatch.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not do much animations only played a bit with them. I tried to use rotation in a Frame animation using tween between frames where I rotated a layer.  That did not work.  I was able to move a layer and tween work when there was no rotation in the move.  The layer I tried to rotate was a normal raster layer.  You seem to be trying to rotate a smart object layer in a video animation. Smart Object Layers Transform like normal layer via interpolation. I never tried rotating a normal layer or smart Object layer in a Video Time. The only video animation I have done were rotating 3d layer scene by rotating the scene objects.  You may want to see if toy can male your Pointer smart object layer into a 3d postcard and see it that will rotate.

Capture.jpgInsidelight360.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines