• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export As. Basic Metadata Erased

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like a basic fix, but have not been able to find the solution. I use Photoshop CC on MacBook and suddenly "export as" has begun to erase file metadata. I see a place in the tutorials to choose which data to export, but that is missing on mine (and the "export options" link you see in the image takes me to a tutorial that says choose the nonexistent meta options). Does anyone have an idea for a solution? Thank you!

export-as.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

I don't think that option was there in 2015. You should update to a newer version of PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of photoshop cc do you have?

You can find the this out by going to Help>System Info in photoshop and the top line is the Adobe Photoshop Version.

Since Export As has been a work in progress, earlier versions didn't have all the latest functions like the Metadata options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. It says...

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2015.0.1 20150722.r.168 2015/07/22:23:59:59 CL 1032103  x64

Operating System: Mac OS 10.10.5

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:58, Stepping:9 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, HyperThreading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that option was there in 2015. You should update to a newer version of PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chuck and Jeff, that was it. I updated my OS (was still on Yosemite yikes.) Then downloaded Photoshop CC 2018. The contact and copyright option for export is there now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use the Legacy Save for Web where you do have control over the metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, gener7. That is what I was doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines