• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashes when I try to add file info

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm my original post seems to have disappeared somehow (or at least it's not appearing in the list of discussions when I sort by newest first), so I guess I'll ask again:

I'm trying to add my copyright information to a photo in Photoshop CS5, but every time I finish filling in the file info and pressing OK, Photoshop crashes. I didn't have this problem before I updated my operating system to macOS High Sierra (version 10.13.1), so I'm guessing that might have something to do with the issue. Is there anything I can do to fix or work around this issue? I generally prefer to add my copyright info to images before I send them off to my employer, since my employer posts them online. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]
[Moved from generic Creative Suites forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[NOTE - messages from new forum members must be viewed by a Moderator before they show in the forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

>didn't have this problem before I updated my operating system to macOS High Sierra

You have now updated yourself out of being able to use CS5

Warning about "High Sierra" https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2374891

-and more https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2391131

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>didn't have this problem before I updated my operating system to macOS High Sierra

You have now updated yourself out of being able to use CS5

Warning about "High Sierra" https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2374891

-and more https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2391131

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does anyone know what the solution is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rest of the functions that I need in CS5 still work (after installing the Java Legacy software that my Mac prompted me to do when I orginally updated), so I've still been using it. I understand that this is likely a compatibility issue, so I am open to alternatives to adding my copyright info to the image in question outside of Photoshop, if I must. That was more what I meant by options for "working around" the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop, you could apply this common repeating info using a metadata template. This may or may not work around the crash.

Thete is also Adobe Bridge or many third party metadata tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried Adobe Bridge, and it also crashed. And what do you mean by using a metadata template?

As for 3rd party tools, I'm currently trying to add the copyright info in GIMP but I'm unfamiliar with GIMP, so I'm not having much luck. I'm open to any other 3rd party suggestions you might have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More on metadata templates here:

Creating Metadata Templates | Photometadata.org

As as for other tools, there are so many! Most are a GUI for or using the respected ExifTool code under the hood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, after hours of trying to figure this out, I've managed a sort of work-around by importing my flattened file into Photos and adding my copyright info to the file there. That'll do for now, but if there's a way to make this work in Photoshop so that I don't have to jump through these additional hoops, somebody let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I had the same problem and I fixed using Adobe Bridge without going through "File Info". And it's even faster.

Take a look here: Creating Metadata Templates | Photometadata.org

Ciao.

Marco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue issue raised here. I just wish Apple had notified PS users clearly that this could lead to problems and I would never have upgraded to High Sierra. I already made the upgrade to El Capitan with no such problems and had confidence in the Apple brand. Now they have screwed up my software version (CS5) which I paid over £600 for. So much for Customer Care. Thanks Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines