Exit

Updated XD, can't modify/add text = crash

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Device: Surface Pro 3
Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1709 (I updated from 1703 because problem also affected that)
OS Build: 16299.64

From what I saw I can do everything except add or modify text. I created a new blank .xd file and I couldn't add text there either.

Timeline
Updated XD 2.0BUG
Uninstall/Reinstall x2
Update Windows
Uninstall/Reinstall
Windows 10 Fall Creator Update

Uninstall/Reinstall

No Luck

Question: Is there a way to revert update or pick a XD install version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

We just released XD 2.1, which fixes this issue. If you don't see the update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the ... button in the upper right hand corner, and select "Check for App Updates." Thanks again for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the identical issue - was working fine until latest update. me and an adobe customer support staff are working through it at the moment. will post here when we find a solution. Unfortunately it isn't possible to roll-back to prev version for XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing, hopefully we find a solution soon as nothing I've tried has helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no prob. ok so we spent about 3 hours debugging - we traced the error to a dll file: if you hit windows key and type "event viewer" and expand errors and double click you'll see the following amongst the error messsage: Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll. We tried replacing it with other copies, as well as forcing permissions via power shell. that rules out any permissions issue with the dll. The issue has been raised to the next level and they are investigating. I'm a developer myself, and from seeing the similar issue that another user had caused by adobe typekit, my spidey-sense tells me it could be issue to do with a failed API request that occurs when the text tool is used. That is complete speculation ofcourse. will be interesting to see what the error is caused by and how they fix it. will post here when I know more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still debugging?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're also tracking this issue here: Adobe XD Version 2.0 crashes when double clicking text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two version (specific to me) & general version (might be the problem)

I have three groups of fonts I have

- System Fonts
- Typekit Fonts
- Self Installed Fonts

I began by removing the fonts I have a backup of which consisted of
- Montserrat
- FontAwesome

- Open_Sans
- Roboto

Timeline

- I downloaded a font manager but that crashed unknown why. (uninstalled)
- I began removing self installed fonts & restarting to check. (no luck)
- Reinstall & restart all self installed fonts (XD is working with all the fonts I was currently working in a project with)
- I turn on Typekit and there is an error that Open Sans is installed
- Uninstall self installed open sans and install typekit. (XD works)
- Install Open Sans (my copy not typekit) then XD crashes
- Unstall Open Sans (XD works)

Since I mixed two Fonts of the same type by different means they mixed and caused a crash for XD.

Fix for myself: Uninstall Open Sans & install from one source

General Fix (maybe?): Check fonts if they are installed from two difference sources for example (Typekit & my backup fonts file)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larry & I tried to debug earlier by hiding fonts till we found something but XD kept crashing even if all fonts were hidden. Which is when I began to try all kinds of ways I could fix the font issue.

Thanks to Larry for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the information, Jose!

Other folks on the thread, could you please let us know if uninstalling Open Sans resolves the issue?

Thanks all,

-Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if I am able to recreate the bug as the error codes have changed.
Here are the logs

Error Codes · GitHub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed Open Sans from my computer (had it installed via SkyFonts + one Condensed font via Typekit) but the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally XD stopped crashing after I unsynced all fonts from Typekit. I will now try to restore them one by one and will let you know which one caused and issue. Here's my original list:

• Bebas Neue
  • Clone Rounded Latin
  • Coranto 2
  • Effra
  • Futura PT
  • Futura PT Bold
  • Gibson
  • Museo
  • Proxima Nova
  • Raleway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wont help generally speaking - since i do not have anything synced with typekit at all ... and its still crashing  ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was experiencing the same bug, XD crashed when using the text tool in any way. Stopped doing this after I unsynced all the fonts from Adobe Typekit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed all fonts from typekit except Proxima Nova and XD crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may not be directly connected with Typekit but with one of the font files. I will try reinstalling them and will let you know if any particular file triggers the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Freshform,

This is Ben from Typekit. We would definitely like to know if Typekit fonts seem to be related to or causing the crashes in XD. If so, would you send us an email with what you've found: support@typekit.com?

Thanks so much,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little later I'll try to check by connecting Typekit and tell what will happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben, sent via e-mail as requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was trying fonts out and Gibson Bold is the only one left.

sync on with Gibson Bold = crash
sync on no Gibson Bold = XD working

Gibson Bold can't sync while XD is open

Gibson Bold if installed while XD is open will crash XD after modifying text again.

Replicating Error: Video

Gibson error downloading: Video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirm, same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to videos

Replicating the crash when clearing menu of recent files: Video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

removed all fonts from the computer and all copies of the fonts from it. Installed the working fonts that are in the file through taipkit, but the same flies

Tried it the other way around, turned off the taypkit and removed the synchronization, left the fonts on the computer, the same thing, crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My way:

I removed all fonts (installed and systemic Windows fonts). Disconnected synchronization with Typekit and removed all fonts from there. Re-downloaded and installed system fonts and my installed working fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is crashing for me too upon use of type tool. Cannot use XD.

Win10 Pro

v 1607

Build 14393.1884

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines