• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reset Button Points to Table of Contents Page

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Table of Contents (TOC) page has 6 chapters, each chapters are followed by assessment questions. Learners return to the TOC page to select a new chapter. The links for completed chapters are greyed out and disabled. Once all 6 chapters are completed, a View Score button appears which brings learners to the Assessment Results page.

On the Assessment Results page, there are the Continue and Retake buttons. If passed, the Continue button brings learners to the Summary page. If failed, the Retake button brings learners to the first assessment slide.

If there a way to have the Retake button brings learners to the TOC page, enable the chapters on the TOC, wipe out all assessment answers, and hide the View Score button? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Retake button is part of the design of the score slide. Its inbuilt functionality means that all answers are reset, that the values of the quizzing system variables are reset as well, and that the learner is navigated to the slide with the first scored object (can be an object or a quiz slide). Are you aware of the fact that ALL questions are reset with the Retake button? Although you can use a conditional action on that first scored slide to change the navigation, or even open the TOC (provided it is in Overlay), I wonder if this is what you want? The quiz of previous chapters is reset as well. The only way to avoid that is to have all the individual quizzes in separate files, but in that case you'll have to build a custom TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a custom TOC. An Advanced Action is attached to the Quiz under Pass or Fail in Preferences. If Failing Grade: Allow User 2 Attempts. The Show Retake Button is selected. Does the Advanced Actions kick-in after the second attempts? Can the Advanced Actions execute after the first attempt?

I was able to add an object on the TOC so now clicking the Retake button brings user to the TOC page. But I still need the Advanced Actions to kick-in (re-enable the links, hide the greyout of the links, and hide the View Score button).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not after the first attempt, only at the end after having clicked the Continue button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Continue button brings users to the Summary page, if passed assessment. The Retake button brings users back to the TOC. What I want is to allow Infinite Attempts. Is there a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just explained the design of the score slide, which you need to have the Retake button with its functionality. Try using the On Enter event of that slide if you want to override the design of the Continue button which will trigger (at the end of the slide) the actions you define for Quiz passed and Quiz Failes (after the last attempt).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show an example of On Enter event? I have never used this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All slides (except quiz slides) in a Captivate CPTX project have an On Slide Enter event that can be used to trigger an Action or Advanced Action when that slide first enters the timeline.

Simply select a slide in the Filmstrip and look under Properties > Actions > On Enter. The drop-down menu there allows you to select from a range of actions that can be set to execute when the slide enters the timeline. There is also an On Exit event that can be used to trigger actions when the slide leaves the timeline, however this event is sometimes unreliable and will not trigger an action if another interactive object on the slide causes a jump away from the slide before it reaches the end of its timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late replyt, I live in a totally different timezone apparently.

This article describes all events avaialble in Captivate to trigger actions:

Events and (advanced) Actions - Captivate blog

As for examples, there are plenty of examples on my blog. On Enter slide triggered actions are often used to 'reset' a situation hen coming back to a slide. You'll find such an example in this blog post - second scenario:

Replay (slide) Button - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solutions (with the help of another colleague) are:

On the Result Summary slide, create a Retake button and make it not visible in output.

The conditional Advanced Actions for the Result Summary slide is:

IF

cpQuizInfoPassFail is equal to 0

ACTIONS

Show Retake button

Execute JavaScript to reset the Quiz Data

Hide the greyout

Enable the Chapter link

Assign the variable with 0

Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could have been done completely with the existing functionality: the Retake button will only appear when the quiz has not been passed, and the answers are automatically reset with the Retake button. Why make it complicated when it can be done in a simple way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because I also need to refresh the Table of Contents page by re-activating the links. This function is a combination of the Retake and Continue buttons. May be I wasn't clear in the beginning.

Your feedback has provided great insights to the functionality in Captivate which helps me formulate my thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources