• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BSOD upon starting Premiere after new PC build.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just finished my new PC build with an i7-7280x on a gigabyte Aorus x299 gaming 7 board. I got everything up and running, loaded Creative Cloud and all my apps, did a test fire up on Premiere (which worked fast and great) added a few more components and sealed up the box. Now upon starting Premiere, I get BSOD with a bar code for troubleshooting. Any idea what would cause Premiere to crash the OS??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled Premiere, then fired up After Effects. Same thing happens.

My stop code WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google "WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR" for solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my clever friend (the old overclocker)) advised me to do this:

Go to the BIOS and change the CPU voltage setting. (For Gigabit X299 UD4 motherboard) BIOS / M.I.T./Advanced Voltage Setting / CPU Core Voltage Control / Internal CPU Vcore - set 1.2v instead of "Auto". That's exactly what I did. While everything is working fine. After Effects CC2018 and Premiere CC2018. "Turbo Boost" I did not turn it off.

Try to change this parameter on motherboards of other manufacturers. Perhaps this will help solve the problem.

Attention! Do not forget to monitor the CPU temperature. And install a good CPU cooling.

(Most likely this is an Intel problem, but not Adobe problem.)

Configuration

MB Gigabyte X299 UD4

CPU Intel Core i7-7820X

RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2800Mhz 64Gb

SVGA Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti

SSD1 Kingston 240Gb

SSD2 Samsung 850Evo 2Tb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for info what power supply are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EVGA Supernova 1200 p2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Am having the same issue with an MSI X299 tomahawk AC mobo with i7 7820x.

I hope someone from Adobe is reading this thread as it appears to be affecting all X299 chipsets.

It appears to now be stable after adjusting cpu core voltage but at this stage it is wait and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sound to me like it is a BIOS on X299 motherboards problem and hardly anything to with Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does seem to be a X299 problem.
I started a thread about my GPU (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 not compatible with Premier Pro ) because Adobe Support told me my 1070 wasn't on the compatible list.

However,

Thanks to RjL190365​ , I'm now searching out issues with the X299 and found this thread.

The solution which advises setting Internal CPU Vcore to 1.200V seems to be nearly a year old and I'm wondering if a BIOS update may have solved this in that time.

The BIOS support page for my X299 UD4 Pro (X299 UD4 Pro (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global ) shows that there is a June 2018 update, while I have the Sept 2017 version (F2).

Given the risks with BIOS flashing, I'm unsure whether to try an update of the BIOS or do the 1.2V solution.

Any suggestions?

PS: I usually get the WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR,

but like rowante​ I also get DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have a similar issue with my new system that has a X299 motherboard.  But, changing the CPU core voltage to 1.2 from auto didn't fix it.

I'm using the latest BIOS and updated all the drivers using LiveUpdate.  I also tried resseting windows--which should be a clean install.

I've run scannow and chkdsk whithout finding any issues.

It's easy to recreate the BSOD in Premier Proc CC 2018, but there's never been a problem anywhere else.

I'm not sure what to try next.  I could still send back hardware, since I've had none of it for more than a week.  But, how do I know whether it's the MB, BIOS, CPU, or GPU card?  I'm thinking the issue is in the motherboard, but that Premier Pro is using it a unique way that causes the problem to occur..

Any help isolating the problem will be appreciated!  My next step will be to pull one of the M.2 SSDs and all but one of the 8 GB DDRAM sticks.  I also have an 10 year old GeForce 8800GT display card I could swap.

But, given the similarity to the other issues in this thread with the MSI X299 motherboard, it "smells" like there's a MSI BIOS or hardware issue.

Is it likely that Adobe support could help me isolate the issue?  Or, should I try MSI support? 

More detail:

BSOD occurs in Premier Pro During Playback.  Usually WHEA uncorrectable error, but at least once, Attempted Exectue of non-execute memory.

Very repeatible using an mp4 I created on another machine.  I can play the mp4 without issue using Vlc or Windows Media Player.  But, it causes a BSOD every time when doing a playback.

I can scrub and hear audio without any problems, but it will crash after a few seconds if I play.  Not at the same spot every time.

I can also get the BSOD from a new project by just importing the audio and doing a playback.  But, it's harder to re-creat than when I use the mp4 that has both video and audio.

Also, If I change the Rendering to Mercury Playback Enging Software Only, the BSOD occurs much less frequently.  Like it played the 1 minute mp4 once without issue, but on the second play a BSOD occured near the end of the playback.   With GPU Acceleration (CUDA), a BSOD occurs 5 to 10 seconds after starting playback.

There's never been a BSOD except during Premier Pro playback.  But, I've not done much on this new system other than surf and use media players to try to re-create the issue outside of Premier.

It's a new system that I built just for the purpose of runing Premier Pro:

Motherboard:  MSI X299 SLI PLUS Motherboard

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2, 80+ GOLD 850W

Processor:  Intel Core i7-7820X Processor

SSD:  2 of Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E500BW)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB LED 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3000 (PC4-24000) C15

Display Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 Mini, ZT-P10600A-10L, 6GB GDDR5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried again to set Vcore to 1.2 volts.  This time, I got a warning to make sure a connector could handle at least 20 amps.  I don't recall getting that warning the first time.

Now, Premier seems stable, at least through 3 playbacks of the 1 minute mp4 that would always cause a BSOD after a few seconds.

I'm pretty sure I change the Vcore to 1.2 volts when I tried this before.  I even checked it in BIOS after doing a reboot.  But, there are other things that have changed since them.  These don't seem relevant, however.

Anyway, I'll continue to get things back like I want them (enabling USB wake from sleep, for example), and hope the fix holds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar system, with a similar problem.

Asus X299 Prime Deluxe mobo (without any OC features turned on, profile is set to normal)
i9 7900x 32GB Ram I have an Asus Turbo 1080 ti GPU

My system drive is a Samsung 960 evo 500GB and I have an internal raid 0 built from the BIOS of 4x4TB 7200 rpm HDD as my main media editing scratch.

TLDR: Editing using my RAID drive was causing the BSOD crash, stable system moving media to system drive. Also possible issues with incorrect SSD drivers.

When I first built this system I was running Davinci Resolve 15 beta PERFECTLY, smooth as butter, even played around with an old BM Intensity Extreme Thunderbolt (1) that isn't even supported by windows 10 and it all worked without one crash ever. All media I've been dealing with has only been at 1920 x 1080 res. Various flavours of Prores in Davinci, plus some .mxf from a Canon C300.

As I'm currently working in PP at a broadcast station for my main bread & butter, I attempted to install Adobe Premiere Pro on this machine and have been plagued with continual BSOD crashes. I've just spent countless hours this week trying to fix my issues and have just reinstalled Windows, and slowly trying to isolate what is causing the crashes. I'm fresh to Windows machines, this is my first non-Apple computer in around 20 years. I built this thing, and was really enjoying it too until I had to deal with Adobe software, but hey it's all character building right?

I was getting DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, and started investigating what the problem could be and here is the steps I have taken to fix it: DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

Checking drivers, I noticed Windows wasn't automatically updating NVIDIA drivers to the latest, so installed the NVIDIA Geforce experience which updated. Not much help, but I also check my SSD and noticed something that could have been causing the DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, my SSD was using generic drivers and refused to install the correct Samsung driver, because the BIOS setting was set to enable RAID on m.2 SSD. I turned that off and did a clean install of windows (3rd time this week FFS) and this time properly installed the correct drivers and software for the SSD and GPU. Re-installed PP and went back to my started a new test project, which was a green screen key using ultra key, and as soon as I tried play back with the key on, it BSOD crashed again, but this time with a brand new error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Hmm, one more thing to try... I moved the media from the RAID 0 drive to the system SSD and it works fine.

I can work around this for a while but any advice on why my RAID drive would be causing this error, and how to fix it would be appreciated, also I hope this gives some direction the OP in things to try to narrow down what is causing their BSOD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines