• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export photos originals plus edits from Lr CC to CC Classic?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using Lr CC as the new editing tool to great satisfaction, however I have realised that I need to retain Lr CC Classic to keep my edits (changes on originals) and originals accessible at all times, locally. My workflow on a photoshoot involves (1) importing photos from my several cameras, (2) editing, and (2) producing the results into an album for easy sharing. Then move on to the next photoshoot. However I want to keep the first photoshoot's (retained) originals plus their edits organised and accessible locally, as I had it with Lr CC (now called Classic). How do I prepare a Collection or otherwise in LrCC containing originals plus edits, for importing into Lr CC Classic to achieve my objective as per above? Or are there better suggestions to achieve this?

Many thks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Hover over the identity plate in LR Library (top left) and when the triangle icon appears, click to open the activity center where you can start and pause sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr CC gives the option in preferences to also store an original locally. You can nominate the Pictures folder or an external hard drive. So for all photos imported into LR CC you would have an original backed up in the cloud plus another original stored locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I am aware and already using the local storage setting. My question is about retaining the edits as is done in Lr CC Classic's Catalog. Therefore, after I delete the photoshoot originals from the cloud, having stored them locally, how do I retain the editing changes to the originals for importing into Lr CC Classic (as Lr CC does not now make use of a Catalog). My objective is to be able to access a photoshoot in the future and work on an original plus its previously made editing changes - this is possible of course in Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to do that is to keep sync turned-on in Lr Classic. Import originals into Lr CC and they will upload to the cloud and then down to Lr Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rproeme  wrote

Therefore, after I delete the photoshoot originals from the cloud, having stored them locally

You need to be aware that the "store a copy of all originals locally" really means "store a copy of all currently uploaded originals locally", i.e. if you delete an original from the cloud, the previously stored local original is also deleted (immediately).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it would seem to me that Classic would be a better choice as the main program for this person's workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, also for the fast response. This could be a feasible way of working, however just to confirm: "how do I "keep sync turned-on in Lr Classic"? I located a sync reference in Edit>Preferences>Lightroom CC tab, and have specified as the location for Lightroom CC ecosystem images, the folder within which all Lighroom saved photo subfolders are located - is there any other setting I need to manage for "keeping sync on" in Lr CC Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hover over the identity plate in LR Library (top left) and when the triangle icon appears, click to open the activity center where you can start and pause sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very useful: I'll experiment with this as a way to work with Lr CC and Lr CC Classic together in order to achieve my aims. Many thanks for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cannot find a way to export bracketed images from LR CC to PS 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines