• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you use ASCII characters in a Text Field?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use ASCII characters from a custom font I've created (example: alt+0200), but when typing the codes

into a textField in Animate, it just prints out the numbers, and not the special character.
Ex: I try to type alt+0200, the textfield prints out 0200.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

You use ASCII characters by typing them on the keyboard. Well it's actually UTF-8, which overlaps ASCII in the 0-128 range.

What you're actually asking is how to type character codes. The answer is you can't in Animate textfields. I've reported this issue to Adobe, so hopefully they'll fix it eventually. Until then, the only way is to type the character in the Actions window, or an external program like Wordpad, then copy and paste it into the textfield.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use ASCII characters by typing them on the keyboard. Well it's actually UTF-8, which overlaps ASCII in the 0-128 range.

What you're actually asking is how to type character codes. The answer is you can't in Animate textfields. I've reported this issue to Adobe, so hopefully they'll fix it eventually. Until then, the only way is to type the character in the Actions window, or an external program like Wordpad, then copy and paste it into the textfield.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the answer. That's good, if I can get it in there something I might be able to get this working for my purposes. Really appreciate it, there is no info about this anywhere that I can find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines