Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help popup not in a browser

Apr 07, 2008 Apr 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I build a WebHelp project, I then link my app to the main .htm file. This of course opens in a browser. I notice when in RoboHelp, if I open their help, it's still opening a .htm frameset but it's not launching in a browser. How can I accomplish this?

The issue with the browser is that if it's opening a local .htm (C:\Help\MyHelp.htm), it brings up that infamous yellow bar asking if you want to allow blocked content and I don't want the users to get that.

Thanks in advance!

~ Lisa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa and welcome to our community

To banish the pesky Yellow Information Bar, you need to enable MOTW (Mark Of The Web). This is normally done using the intermediate dialogs you see when you generate WebHelp by double-clicking the WebHelp layout in the Single Source Layouts area.

The Help you are seeing with RoboHelp is opening via the WebHelp API. Basically, this is just an external JavaScript file that causes the window to display with none of the typical chrome elements, such as the Address bar, Status bar, Toolbar, etc..

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

To banish the pesky Yellow Information Bar, you need to enable MOTW (Mark Of The Web). This is normally done using the intermediate dialogs you see when you generate WebHelp by double-clicking the WebHelp layout in the Single Source Layouts area.

Not sure I understand this. Can you explain a bit further?

I am trying the JS Solution but I assume it has to be used in conjunction with what you have above. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Lisa

Let's back up a tad. There are many ways to generate your WebHelp.

* You may click the "Quick Generate" toolbar icon
* You may use the super secret "now that I''ve told you I have to kill you" keyboard combination of Ctrl+M
* You may click File > Generate Primary Layout
* You may expand the Single Source Layouts pseudo folder and double-click the layout.

If you use the last option, you should see some intermediate screens that allow you to choose many different options prior to creating your help. The first screen should have a check box labeled "Add Mark of the Web". This is where you should find the option.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
LOL, just after posting the steps I see you found the option!

Good on ya... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the option. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp