• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This problem is tilting me so hard

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pay for Photoshop so I wouldn't have this issue....

I spent around 2 hours loading in brushes and patterns and actions the other day only to open photoshop today AND FIND IT ALL GONE. And YES, I loaded it all in correctly, it is not hard, I'm capable of doing it. But when I had photoshop before, IT DID THIS ALL THE DAMN TIME. It's so [Removed by moderator] frustrating and annoying and tilting. Why does this keep happening?! It's so tilting!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a mod edits my post but doesn't offer help? Like really? I'm going to cancel my sub if this issue is going to continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you recently upgrade to the new Photoshop?

You can start here:

Photoshop brush presets

If it happened before in Photoshop, and it is now again happening, perhaps double-checking your steps to make sure you are loading them into the proper location so Photoshop can retain the resource is a good start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only happened when the version I had was pirated. And yes, I subbed and downloaded the latest version. It's only happened with the newer version of photoshop, the older versions, even pirated, never did this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow you are openly admitting to pirating software while using the company's forum?!

The newer version requires you to reinstall brush sets since they have changed how they are managed in 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing as I pay for it now, it's not a problem. And I installed them after PURCHASING the product and installing the software after PURCHASING it. Which was less than a month ago. I had been holding off installing everything because I was afraid this might happen. How do I talk directly to the company and not with people who don't know how to help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are talking directly to us via this forum.

"The newer version requires you to reinstall brush sets since they have changed how they are managed in 2018."

This is actually not correct. You do not have to reload anything, you can organize the brushes in the Brush Panel. When you load brushes into Photoshop you will find them in the Brush Panel > in a Folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I misspoke - it's not about reinstalling assets, its about reloading them into CC2018.

When you upgrade from CC2017 to 2018, if you did not check "Import previous settings and preferences" then your brushes remain in the CC2017 Presets folder and do not show in CC2018. You then have to reload them into the brushes panel and can reorganize there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elsha  wrote

So a mod edits my post but doesn't offer help? Like really?

The moderator that edited your inappropriate language may not have been a Photoshop expert and chose to edit your post so that you could receive help on this forum  rather than reject it and not allow you to seek help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines