• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Stamp Issues with Masked Photo

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I'm working on an image for the back of a CD tray.  I created one image with snow using a photo and some adjustment layers.  Then I used another photo of trees to mask off one tree that I wanted to use.  I placed that tree on the snow.

I want to use the clone stamp to "fill out" the tree a little more. This would require that I select part of the tree and stamp it on part of the image that has part tree mask and part snow background.  But whenever I use the clone stamp and try to place it partly where the masked tree is and partly on the snow, it only stamps on the part of the tree that I masked.  The snow remains untouched.

I don't want to do anything "permanent" if I don't have to because I'm not doing this for me - so I want to be able to still move the tree around, etc....if the person I'm doing this for wants this moved.

Or...now that I think about it more, if there is a way to alter the file where I masked the tree so I could fill out the tree in that file *before* even placing it anywhere, that would be great...probably optimal since I could use the tree elsewhere.  But I would still need a transparent background so I could place it on any background.

Any advice on how to do this efficiently would be very, very welcome.  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click the mask and temporarily turn it off/hide it while using the Clone Stamp tool. Then turn it back on after you are done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines