• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to sell .asl .atn .pat .psd?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if it is possible to sell photoshop resources or earn money in some way with them (such as having them in monetized blogs or putting download links with advertising), such as .asl .atn .pat .psd and all others that I did not mention . I have seen that people sell their styles, brushes, colorings but I want to be sure that it is possible. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Yes, there are many sites that sell PSD's, Actions, Patterns, etc.

The files (psd, atn, pat, etc file types) do not have Digital Rights Management like iTunes videos/music meaning someone could just copy or give it to someone.

But yes, you can sell your own creations.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if you search the web you will find Photoshop assets for sale.  I do not know what advertising cost or how successful  people are selling those things.  I would never buy an action or template.  There are so many free brushes, presets, patterns, style, actions, scripts etc I think making a living selling photoshop assets would be hard for most would first look at stock sites.  Its not easy find out if some unknown seller stuff is good or not.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I make a living selling Layer Styles Photoshop assets, and I read all your comments about Photoshop because it helps create me awesome Scripts - cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not sell, in fact I am losing my money in paying the subscription since in my country it is too much. However, in the download links of my designs I put advertising, I wanted to know if it was the same with brushes or actions. But I wanted to know if it was allowed to sell them because many people do it. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can sell them, but as JJ mentioned, it's difficult to make money, and hard to protect what you are trying to sell, as they are easy to copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean are you allow to advertise on this site  the answer is no. I do not known if linking to your own commercial advertisement is proper.  I have posted links to none Adobe Product's that I use. that I have no investment in.  The link I post may have advertisement but its not mine.

The links I post to my  Actions, Scripts and others are all free.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no, I mean on my blog, I have a blog, there I publish what I do ... and in the links I use Ad Fly or similar shorteners But I am already confused with the answers Sorry if I do not answer as I should, I do not speak English very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there are many sites that sell PSD's, Actions, Patterns, etc.

The files (psd, atn, pat, etc file types) do not have Digital Rights Management like iTunes videos/music meaning someone could just copy or give it to someone.

But yes, you can sell your own creations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines