Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been experiencing constant crashing with PS CC. It happens every few days, for hours. Grrrrrr. I am on an iMac OS X El Capitan V. 10.11.6

Not just with large files, but small files as well.... nothing complicated. I duplicate an image, and it crashes when i try to save it. Even a small test file. It's happening now. Imagine the frustration.

These are the 'reports' that pop up.  Please help. Thank you.
Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 5.17.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-16 at 1.33.36 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Hi

That is the brush leash for brush smoothing.

You can either:

a. Turn brush smoothing down to 0 in the options bar

or

b. Keep brush smoothing but go to Preferences >Cursors >Painting Cursors and uncheck "Show Brush Leash While Smoothing"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you submit the crash report be sure to fill out the form and include your email address in the window. They do read these when they come in.

Next, copy the entire text out of the crash report and paste it in your reply here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kstolmeyer.  I have sent several reports, which i have filled out. Over and over.

Just tested now....working ok, but my anticipation...augh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried a preference reset since you updated to CC2018?  I had a couple of crashes in the 3D space when I first updated. A preference reset resolved them.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i have. I'm using that now exclusively. Same problem happened today.
How do i do a preference reset?

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Go to Preferences >General and click "Reset Preferences on Quit". Then click OK, close and restart Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did the reset, and it happened again. =(

This is what i got:

DC Langer

[Personal data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 1.33.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that the latest version, released a couple of days ago? I use Windows here so I'm not familiar with the Mac crash report, but it seems to show 19.0.0 but 19.0.1 was release earlier this week.

To check go to Photoshop - System info and the first line should be Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.0 20171103.r.190 2017/11/03

If you don't have the latest - then try updating.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

The version i was using was one i updated a few weeks ago. i just checked in the cloud icon/ apps and see there is a new update, which i am doing now.  I see it's 19.0.1

I really hope this works. I appreciate your expertise. Oh my.... so far, so good!

Thank you. You rock!!!

DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also curious about the new, annoying paintbrush drag thing (in pink). It's distracting to me. Is there a way to get rid of it?

Thank you.

DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

That is the brush leash for brush smoothing.

You can either:

a. Turn brush smoothing down to 0 in the options bar

or

b. Keep brush smoothing but go to Preferences >Cursors >Painting Cursors and uncheck "Show Brush Leash While Smoothing"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Dave. I'll delve into that later. *****saving info*****

BTW, PS is working fine right now, although i find myself holding my breath. lol. I can't thank you enough for your support.

DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines