• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HDR in After Effects CC 2018 - how to match Lumetri to Premiere Pro CC 2018?

Participant ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, another version, another challenge -

What Project Settings and Interpret Footage settings are required to get footage to match in After Effects and Premiere? Adobe has been touting similar workflows in each, having Lumetri with matching controls in each. So far, in the testing that I've done, applying the same settings to the same footage produces drastically different results in AE and in PPro. I'm using an EXR file with extended highlight data.

1.) Applying the same Whites -25 in AE and PPro produces very different results on the scopes.

2.) HDR Specular doesn't seem to work in AE - it does nothing to the image, whereas in Premiere it does.

Any clues?

I'm using settings that were close to matching in the previous version before I gave up - Display P3 or Rec2100PQ for the Interpret Footage color space in AE, and for Project Settings/Color Settings I'm using 32 bits, Rec2100PQ, No Linearize Working Space, YES Blend Colors Using 1.0 Game, No Match Legacy blah blah, Yes Compensate for Scene-referred Profiles.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike Curtis,

What Project Settings and Interpret Footage settings are required to get footage to match in After Effects and Premiere?

See if this forum post assists you: How does P Pro handle YUV (YCbCr) and RGB color spaces?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines