• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

janet

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

recently edited photo only shown in organizer as box with timer, never coverts to a photo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

janetc28539123  wrote

recently edited photo only shown in organizer as box with timer, never coverts to a photo

If you select that thumbnail, right click and choose 'update thumbnail', does it appear?

If not, what is the size of the file in pixels and in kilobytes?

Photoshop Elements (PSE) knowledge base.: How to correct hourglass (generic) thumbnail in Elements O...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried updating the thumbnail but nothing happened. The file size is 596.9 KB and 1024x768

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked other pictures of the same size and they appear ok the only problems are with the pictures I have edited. If I click on them they come up as a picture but when I close them they return to the square with timer.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

janetc28539123  wrote

I checked other pictures of the same size and they appear ok the only problems are with the pictures I have edited. If I click on them they come up as a picture but when I close them they return to the square with timer.

Sent from my iPad

If the problem happens with many files, I would follow the procedure described in my previous post to re-create the thumbnail cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continue to have the same problem. New photos I just imported into the organizer do not open, only show the box with the timer. If I click on them individually the open but when return to grid none are open

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

janetc28539123  wrote

Continue to have the same problem. New photos I just imported into the organizer do not open, only show the box with the timer. If I click on them individually the open but when return to grid none are open

Sent from my iPad

When you right click on a thumbnail and select 'update thumbnail', does the thumbnail appear?

Those files are 'normal' jpeg files, not very large ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I right click I do get drop down with update thumbnail. Nothing at all happens when I do click on it. I have deleted some of my pictures thinking that perhaps I had too many loaded but no change. I tried calling Adobe but they do not help with version 13!

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines